Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Kelendell

Old February 22nd, 2010, 07:08 PM
Hello, All !!!

My husband and I have been using PCGen. But I got reaaalllyyy tired of changing the HTML code, to incorporate Pathfinder traits and PC portraits. Based upon recommendations from Paizo.com, I bought HL and the Pathfinder dataset. HeroLab is definitely much easier to use. Yay!!

I'm creating a cleric of Pharasma. The Pathfinder dataset is enabled for this new character. Could you please help me resolve some of these questions? I've reviewed the HL/Pathfinder forums and was unable to find answers to these questions:

1. How do I assign the correct diety to my cleric ? I had to manually typed in "Pharasma" into the Diety field under the Cleric tab.

2. How can I correctly print out all of her cleric spells ? The following is needed, as a cleric:
-All cleric spells should be printed. A cleric often needs to change memorized spells between days. For example, Stone Shape maybe needed one day, but Water Breathing maybe needed the next day.
-The 2 domain spells of each level should be included in the list of spells...not in a separate section.

3. How do I ensure that the correct domain spell is listed ? According to p. 45 of the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Core Book, the 1st-level spell of the Knowledge Domain is Comprehend Languages. In HeroLab, Detect Secret Doors is listed, instead.

For issue #2, if there's a file that I can modify to sure that Level 1 domain spells are listed with the Level 1 clerics spells, Level 2 domain spells are listed with Level 2 spells, etc., please let me know what file that is.

TIA
Kelendell is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 23rd, 2010, 08:17 AM
The specific Pathfinder deities are not part of the OGL, which is what Hero Lab uses. Therefore, we don't have specific deity selections, and typing in the name of the deity is the way to go.

#2 is a project that's on my to-do list

#3) Many of the domain spells that changed between d20 and Pathfinder weren't caught in the initial conversion. I just haven't had the time to get that done. I apologize for that.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Kelendell

Old February 23rd, 2010, 01:25 PM
Hi, Mathias !!

Thank you very much for your quick reply. I look forward to the future PathFinder updates.

I'll be showing my husband HeroLab. I suspect he'll be very happy using HeroLab.
Kelendell is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
djc664

Old February 24th, 2010, 05:34 AM
greetings Kelendell!

I'd like to chime in here about #2 - I had the same issue with cleric spells and I kind of worked around it. Until Mathias is able to address it formally, this is what I suggest:

Because Hero Lab will not restrict you from "breaking the rules", you can add as many spells as you like. It will give you a validation warning, but it will not keep them from being added anyway. Add all the spells you want as part of your reference (that may or not be all of them - some spells I just never used so I leave out), then print out the Powers & Spells page before removing them again. That should give you the end result you're looking for, albiet with a bit more work involved.

The upside is that you can do this for higher level spells than you have once and have a spell reference pack that lasts for a while.
djc664 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote