Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Aleslammer

Old February 5th, 2010, 07:05 PM
Im working on a class that has a special ability to imbue any normal melee weapon with a magical enhancement. So at a certain level any melee weapon he/she picks up is treated as a +1 weapon. Now if the weapon already has a +1 the two values dont stack.

Im thinking that all I have to do is use the #enhancementbonus[pick, bonus] macro. however I dont know how to find the currently equipped weapon. Or am I complely way off base here?
Aleslammer is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 8th, 2010, 04:00 PM
A weapon equipped in the primary hand will have field[gIsEquip].value = 1, and one equipped in the off hand will have field[wIs2nd].value = 1.

For abilities that apply to equipped things, like the Fighter's armor training abilities, I've actually preferred to apply the effects to everything a character is carrying - that way, you can compare thing A to thing B without having to unequip both or having to mentally calculate the differences that would be sue to that ability. So, I would recommend having this ability apply itself to all weapons, regardless of whether they're equipped or not.

You're on the right track with the #enhancementbons[] macro - that would work if you could target a specific weapon. Here's how to apply a change to many things:

A little bit below the #enhancementbonus[] macro description in the reference information page is the list of General Modifers - there you'll see that enhancement is BonEnhance.

You can search through all the things added to a character with a foreach loop:

Code:

foreach pick in hero from BaseWep where "wCategory.Melee"
That will find all the melee weapons, now for the enhancement bonus:

Code:

eachpick.field[BonEnhance].value = maximum(eachpick.field[BonEnhance].value, 1)
which will set the enhancement bonus of that weapon to the maximum of the Enhancement bonus that's already there or 1. That way, you handle stacking properly - if a weapon already has an enhancement bonus, nothing will be changed, so you don't have to search specifically for non-magical weapons.

Putting that together (and closing the foreach loop):

Code:

foreach pick in hero from BaseWep where "wCategory.Melee"
  eachpick.field[BonEnhance].value = maximum(eachpick.field[BonEnhance].value, 1)
  nexteach
Timing: Post-Levels/10000, the default timing for a class ability, should work in this case. If it doesn't, please tell me - I haven't tested this.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Aleslammer

Old February 12th, 2010, 08:05 PM
That worked perfectly.
Aleslammer is offline   #3 Reply With Quote