Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Palorin

Old August 26th, 2016, 11:21 AM
NOTE 1: I am reviving is idea from a few years ago. It's something I feel would be worth more than a couple of dollars in the App Store (I would personally but it in a heart beat). Also, this post is entirely plagiarized from another post from 2014.

Please consider having an iPhone App that will load a .POR file and display the stat block.

Not asking for editable like the iPad app, just display the stat block with a way to list them and a share button to "Open In..." (to Dropbox/Box/Google Drive/OneDrive and the iPad app).

If it contained a list view of the .POR files it would be great.

NOTE 2: no need to place the engine in the app, just have in the .POR file a formatted string for the iPhone of the stat block.
Palorin is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 26th, 2016, 12:48 PM
The "output hero statblock" option includes a button to generate a pdf. What would your proposal allow that could not be done by generating pdf statblocks of the characters you want and storing them on the iPad?

Also, if you open the .por file (rename the extension to .zip and then use whatever program you use to look in .zip archives, you'll find a statblock already in there as a .txt file. So if you have a program on your iPad that can open .zip files, and can be told that .por is an extension it can open as zip files, that should be able to get close to what you're asking for.
Mathias is online now   #2 Reply With Quote