Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Ninefingers

Old February 14th, 2016, 05:39 AM
When I select [PLAYER VIEW] I see the image below. No image of the map, or pins even though they are shared.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/i8uyzxdlug..._view.png?dl=0

When I use [IN PLAYER MODE] I see everything I would expect to see. Am I doing something wrong, or is this by design?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zni00itc5p..._Mode.png?dl=0

Thank you again,
Ninefingers
Ninefingers is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old February 14th, 2016, 06:46 AM
Did you right click the image in the topic and choose "Show in player view"?

It looks like you chose to view the entire topic in player view and this will not show the map independently.

Additionally, did you mark the map as revealed? (The little green orb to the right of it.)

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Ninefingers

Old February 14th, 2016, 07:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargr View Post
Did you right click the image in the topic and choose "Show in player view"?

It looks like you chose to view the entire topic in player view and this will not show the map independently.

Additionally, did you mark the map as revealed? (The little green orb to the right of it.)
Thank you Vargr,

I had the green orb selected. However I did not right click on the map I just assumed if I could access the map in Player Mode, then it should also be accessible in player VIEW. Seems broken to me, but I am sure there is a reason for it that I am not aware of.
Nine.
Ninefingers is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old February 14th, 2016, 08:19 AM
Basically the player view is not interactive.

Thus you cannot click buttons and such in player view and have an action take place.

All the interaction is done from the GM side of the screen, so to say.

It works very well that way (IMHO).

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Ninefingers

Old February 14th, 2016, 08:43 AM
Well thank you again, I appreciate the response, and insight.

I am trying to determine how to best use this system to run a campaign I am writing, this will be a face to face, and we have a custom game table that has a 60" TV mounted flat in it with a lexan cover. So I will bee using the player view a lot to display maps and such, a semi VTT. That can still use mini's, and pen and paper, but with a new semi digital feel. Hope it works as well as I envision it.

On a side note:
I test software, and firmware by trade, and one thing I have learned over the last 12 years is that if you ask 100 people how a feature should work you will get 110 different replies. Yes 110 because 10% will change their minds. So please don't mind me, I will ask all sorts of questions.
Ninefingers is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old February 14th, 2016, 08:56 AM
There is a whole thread with people showing off their horisontal in-the-table monitor solutions and from what I gather it works very well.

I have a 40" on the wall in the room where we play and that works very well.

And yes - everyone and their mom has their own understanding of how things should work.

And please ask away - we all do and we all learn from it :-)

You will find people to be very helpful here in the fora.

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Vargr is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
adzling

Old February 15th, 2016, 08:21 AM
Yeah you can search the threads for more info your interested.
We use a 42" LCD laid flat on it's back as our VTT with Realmworks and Player View and it works great as long as you keep the maximum image resolution in mind.
adzling is offline   #7 Reply With Quote