Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

MToscan

Send a message via ICQ to MToscan Send a message via MSN to MToscan

Old November 12th, 2010, 12:28 AM
I was playing last night with a Cleric that fell under a silence spell.
Since the cleric was decently high level, it was hell browsing through his spells to see which ones he could cast that had no vocal components.
If I can, I'd suggest a feature to filter available spells based on components.
If I have my arms held, I'd like to see which spells I can cast that only have vocal components.
If I have lost my spell pouch, I'd like to see which spells which require material components I cannot cast anymore until I go in town.
Etc...
MToscan is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Shayd3000

Old November 12th, 2010, 08:50 AM
Nice idea!

Member: Amorphous Blob Games
Shayd3000 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 12th, 2010, 09:53 AM
Since all the text in the description box is searchable, you can get close to this with the existing filter mechanisms. Searching for "V" is too general, but how often does ": V" or "V," or "components: V" appear, unless it's among the spell components listing.

A more complex search capability for everything in HL is on the to-do list, of course.
Mathias is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
areteas

Old November 25th, 2010, 03:45 PM
Have been trying to implement this as a spell effect condition... thusfar the following has been working.
Code:
    foreach pick in hero from BaseSpell where "!Helper.CustomItem"
      if ( eachpick.tagis[sComp.V] <> 0) then
        eachpick.field[sIsOver].value = 1
        eachpick.field[CustDesc].text = eachpick.field[CustDesc].text & "{br}Currently disabled as caster's lack of speech precludes spells with a verbal component."
      endif
      nexteach
Setting sIsOver to 1 is kind of a kludgy hack, though... just picked that since it redlines the spells. Is there a more elegant way to do this similar to Helper.ftDisable or Helper.SpcDisable for spells?
areteas is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
areteas

Old November 30th, 2010, 02:11 PM
I posted this question in another thread, but it got buried pretty fast. Anyone know of a mechanism similar to Helper.SpcDisable or Helper.ftDisable that can be used to disable select spells (such as those with the sComp.V tag for the inability to cast verbal spells while silenced) and/or spellcasting as a whole (for Transformation)?
areteas is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 30th, 2010, 02:21 PM
Please don't post barely related questions to other threads because I haven't answered the original yet. sIsOver is the only disabling mechanism that currently exists for spells.
Mathias is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
areteas

Old November 30th, 2010, 02:31 PM
Eh? It was related for two different spell adjustments... which I listed... and which I'd hoped to add there after figuring out the mechanism for it.
Pardoneh mwah.

Anyways, thanks for the heads up. I haven't figured out a way to access a list of the Helper objects as they seem to live in the compiled part of the data files and the editor doesn't have a means I've found for poking around in their guts.
areteas is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 30th, 2010, 05:15 PM
BTW, I wouldn't recommend doing a silence spell adjustment yet. The effects of the spell are probably best handled within the definition of how spells work, rather than from an external thing (I want to be able to set flags for not having any material components/not having the expensive components for this spell, or not being able to gesture, or not able to speak, that the spells look up and apply the effects of, so all the Silence adjustment will do is set the flag).

When you do Transformation, just skip the "no spellcasting" part - the user can ignore that themselves.
Mathias is offline   #8 Reply With Quote