Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

dafrca

Old May 27th, 2017, 12:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daplunk View Post
Report it at git. Then there's something to track it by.
Will do Boss.
dafrca is offline   #441 Reply With Quote
DeltaMasterMind

Old June 5th, 2017, 05:07 AM
Not sure why but I felt I should post it here. The Elemental Evil Player companion's Aarakocra race will not allow perception proficiency to apply when selecting a background that grants it (like courtier). Other races work fine with courtier so not sure as the issue. Looking at the race in the editor gives me no clues.

EDIT: Correction! It is applying the proficiency bonus, but it is not allowing the listing of the skill (perception with always proficient) in the background skill options. This is mighty weird, should I post this as a bug to Lone Wolf directly?

Last edited by DeltaMasterMind; June 5th, 2017 at 05:29 AM.
DeltaMasterMind is offline   #442 Reply With Quote
dafrca

Old June 8th, 2017, 11:15 PM
Just curious, do we have an eta for the next update?

I always look forward to the updates and the fun of exploring what neat things have been added. :-)
dafrca is offline   #443 Reply With Quote
Lexin

Send a message via Skype™ to Lexin

Old June 16th, 2017, 12:03 PM
I've been trying and trying to get my HL on my laptop to update from the secondary source of updates. I've even tried copying and pasting the URL rather than relying on my old eyes to copy it without mistakes. It still won't update from that URL.

What am I doing wrong?

--
Lexin

GM from Gwynedd, Wales - seriously old school - playing RPGs since 1980!

Tools: Realm Works, HeroLab, Campaign Cartographer 3+
Lexin is offline   #444 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 16th, 2017, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexin View Post
I've been trying and trying to get my HL on my laptop to update from the secondary source of updates. I've even tried copying and pasting the URL rather than relying on my old eyes to copy it without mistakes. It still won't update from that URL.

What am I doing wrong?
Need you to give an EXACT set of steps you are doing. Then I can help. Otherwise my answer is follow the PDF instructions step by step.

Or follow Daplunks Video.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #445 Reply With Quote
Lexin

Send a message via Skype™ to Lexin

Old June 17th, 2017, 03:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Need you to give an EXACT set of steps you are doing.
As ever, it was user error. I've solved it.

--
Lexin

GM from Gwynedd, Wales - seriously old school - playing RPGs since 1980!

Tools: Realm Works, HeroLab, Campaign Cartographer 3+
Lexin is offline   #446 Reply With Quote
dafrca

Old June 25th, 2017, 12:13 AM
Can you share the ETA of the Curse of Strahd*update? I have a game and would love to use the stuff from this if I could.

Thank You

I rolled another 1?
dafrca is offline   #447 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old June 25th, 2017, 02:30 AM
Just download it from the Github site and update manually.

The guys are trying to finish the Psionic before we release.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #448 Reply With Quote
Galahan

Old July 1st, 2017, 06:40 AM
I do not understand why there are not all races of familiars in Hero Lab (in the Find Familiar spell description it's said that we can choose a ba, cat, crab, frog, hawk, lizard, octopus, owl, poisonous snake, fish (quipper), rat, raven, sea horse, spider or weasel). I have the SRD and Community pack installed.

Are these just these shown in the print below? How can I add more familiars to choose?

Last edited by Galahan; July 1st, 2017 at 06:42 AM.
Galahan is offline   #449 Reply With Quote
xdy

Old July 19th, 2017, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahan View Post
I do not understand why there are not all races of familiars in Hero Lab (in the Find Familiar spell description it's said that we can choose a ba, cat, crab, frog, hawk, lizard, octopus, owl, poisonous snake, fish (quipper), rat, raven, sea horse, spider or weasel). I have the SRD and Community pack installed.

Are these just these shown in the print below? How can I add more familiars to choose?
It seems to be a bug in the Hero Lab data, i.e. not in the community pack as such, so report to Lone Wolf that rCrab, rLizard, rOctopus, rQuipper, rRat and rSeaHors are all missing the CompIs.Familiar flag.
You can fix this locally for yourself by going into the editor (Tools/Show Editor), creating a new data file, going to the Race tab, clicking the 'New (Copy)' button, selecting one of the missing familiars, press OK, click in the 'Unique ID' text field, enter something unique (I would enter something like, say, rJKRat, you might choose something like rGaRat), check the 'Can be a familiar' field, click in the 'Name' textfield and enter something like 'Rat (Galahan)', press Ctrl-S to save, then press the 'Test Now!' button and click OK, repeat the previous steps as needed for the other missing familiars, close the editor, go to File/Save Data File, give it a name (perhaps Galahan_fixes.user), then File/Close Data File. Now rat is visible as a familiar. The familiars you have added are now visible in the program.

And you also have your own data file for adding even more stuff. Play around with it! Before you know it you'll be a Community Pack contributor.
(See the links in Daplunk's post above yours for details.)

/Jonas

Last edited by xdy; July 19th, 2017 at 11:43 AM.
xdy is offline   #450 Reply With Quote