Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Monteparnas

Old February 21st, 2017, 09:20 AM
Strange, it didn't satisfied the pre-req on my HL when I checked it.

The Tainted condition on the Adjustments works as in OA/UA, that is, it causes an equal penalty on Con and Wis scores, while the Corruption/Depravity conditions from HoH should be enough for the feat and just apply effects called Taint Symptoms, instead of direct ability penalty.

Basically:

1- the feat should work only on HoH material, to begin with. In the Adjustments it is taken care by Corruption and/or Depravity scores, by HoH rules. It shouldn't require the Tainted condition from OA/UA.

2- the Tainted from OA/UA causes ability penalties, what is an undesired effect on top of not being native to HoH material. So this would cause the necessity of three adjustments non-native to the feat source just to make it work: a non-native Tainted score, and two ability bonuses of equal value to correct an incorrect penalty.

3- either way, on my HL not even this last correction worked to satisfy the pre-req. I'm sending a version with the Tainted selected and set to 8 in Adjustments, to no avail with the feat, at least for me (it is still red, and still reads "Must be suffering from Taint" as the error on the feat).

4- Optimally, HoH Corruption/Depravity should check positive for Taint even on OA/UA "taint" material, as per being confirmed in the book as alternate rules for the same effect (and with similar possible scores and the very same acquisition ratio).
Attached Files
File Type: email Kansen - The Forest.por (22.8 KB, 1 views)
Monteparnas is offline   #701 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old February 21st, 2017, 10:25 AM
Ah, I see the confusion now. I was not referring to the Tainted Adjustment from OA/UA. Tainted Fury, as written, doesn't know anything about that. What I was referring to is the Tainted Condition as seen here:

tainted.png

Last edited by Sendric; February 22nd, 2017 at 03:14 AM.
Sendric is offline   #702 Reply With Quote
Monteparnas

Old February 21st, 2017, 02:37 PM
Gotcha. I'll correct some portfolios, thank you.
Monteparnas is offline   #703 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old February 22nd, 2017, 03:15 AM
Cool. I've added notes to the Depravity and Corruption adjustments that will hopefully help reduce confusion in the future. Sorry about that.
Sendric is offline   #704 Reply With Quote
Monteparnas

Old February 22nd, 2017, 07:56 AM
Does the Tainted checkbox satisfy the conditions that ask for the Taint Adjus from OA?
Monteparnas is offline   #705 Reply With Quote
Monteparnas

Old February 22nd, 2017, 08:26 AM
I tried the Chahar-Aina from OA on a Githzerai, and it not only didn't stacked with the Inertial Armor (it supposedly should), but actually reduced the AC by -1. Also tried the Dastana, but it just didn't changed anything.

All that could be corrected (as far as it goes) by an Armor Adjustment, and I'm not 100% sure it should stack (but it is an NPC, so it will, anyway), but there goes the bug, anyway.
Monteparnas is offline   #706 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old February 22nd, 2017, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monteparnas View Post
Does the Tainted checkbox satisfy the conditions that ask for the Taint Adjus from OA?
Unlikely. The Taint condition removes the tag "User.NoTaint" which is what most things looking for the Taint condition are actually looking for. The Taint adjustment from OA/UA doesn't appear to do the same thing. I haven't delved into the OA/UA stuff, but my guess is they are are completely separate.
Sendric is offline   #707 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old February 22nd, 2017, 08:36 AM
Quote:
I tried the Chahar-Aina from OA on a Githzerai, and it not only didn't stacked with the Inertial Armor (it supposedly should), but actually reduced the AC by -1. Also tried the Dastana, but it just didn't changed anything.

All that could be corrected (as far as it goes) by an Armor Adjustment, and I'm not 100% sure it should stack (but it is an NPC, so it will, anyway), but there goes the bug, anyway.
Where does it say that it stacks with Inertia Armor?
Sendric is offline   #708 Reply With Quote
Monteparnas

Old February 22nd, 2017, 09:00 AM
Not directly, since my doubt, but it says that it stacks with some types of armor.

From OA, page 75:

"Chahar-Aina: This “four mirror armor” can be worn over certain other types of armor to provide an additional armor bonus that stacks with both the foundation armor and any shield worn. A character can wear a chahar-aina effectively over padded, leather, or chain shirt armor. A character needs Armor Proficiency (medium) to wear a chahar-aina without penalty."

"Dastana: These large metal bracers can be worn in addition to some other types of armor to provide an additional armor bonus that stacks with both the foundation armor and any shield worn. A character can wear dastana with padded, leather, or chain shirt armor. A character needs Armor Proficiency (light) to wear dastana without penalty."

I'm more worried about the Chahar-Aina reducing the AC (it certainly shouldn't do so). The stacking with Inertial Armor is indeed my interpretation, though I'm not sure if it should by the rules (badly written rules, on my opinion).
Monteparnas is offline   #709 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old February 22nd, 2017, 09:14 AM
Quote:
Not directly, since my doubt, but it says that it stacks with some types of armor.

From OA, page 75:

"Chahar-Aina: This “four mirror armor” can be worn over certain other types of armor to provide an additional armor bonus that stacks with both the foundation armor and any shield worn. A character can wear a chahar-aina effectively over padded, leather, or chain shirt armor. A character needs Armor Proficiency (medium) to wear a chahar-aina without penalty."

"Dastana: These large metal bracers can be worn in addition to some other types of armor to provide an additional armor bonus that stacks with both the foundation armor and any shield worn. A character can wear dastana with padded, leather, or chain shirt armor. A character needs Armor Proficiency (light) to wear dastana without penalty."

I'm more worried about the Chahar-Aina reducing the AC (it certainly shouldn't do so). The stacking with Inertial Armor is indeed my interpretation, though I'm not sure if it should by the rules (badly written rules, on my opinion).
The Githzerai special ability explicitly states that it doesn't stack with other armor bonuses. Both of these armors indicate they stack with armor bonuses from other "foundation" armor. Since Inertial Armor is a special ability and not physical armor, my interpretation is that it doesn't stack.

Chahar-Aina appears to have a script that reduces the AC by the amount of its own AC bonus if it is not legal to wear (such as if the character is wearing full plate or something). This does appear to be a bug. I will see what I can do with it.

Thanks for the report.
Sendric is offline   #710 Reply With Quote