Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

whtknt

Old February 3rd, 2010, 04:10 PM
Are there any Weird Wars data files for Savage Worlds to be had? I've been trying to fiddle with the editor, and only find myself more frustrated. I'm going to be running a WW2 game next week, and it would be great if someone had already gone to the trouble of inputting everything. Thank you, in advance.
whtknt is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
whtknt

Old February 6th, 2010, 11:26 AM
Alright then, let me ask this question. Are there any plans to support Savage Worlds settings with data packs (in the same way that Mutants & Masterminds has Ultimate Power and the Mastermind's Guide)?
whtknt is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
amerigoV

Old February 9th, 2010, 05:15 AM
I would like to see that as well, or is there google/yahoo groups doing some coding.

On the other hand, what little I have done does indicate the editor is very powerful and flexible. I just started up a campaign and I just add what I need.
amerigoV is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
dartnet
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 9th, 2010, 07:06 AM
When I pick up the book I plan to get this one done.
dartnet is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 11th, 2010, 01:06 AM
Most of the Savage Worlds supplements are the property of different people from Pinnacle. As such, we would need to separately license each supplement, which is simply prohibitive to orchestrate and administrate.

Since it is relatively easy to add the content for a particular setting, we're hoping that users will take it upon themselves to add the content for their favorite settings. It's also easy to share that content, provided the creators of the supplements don't mind.

That being said, if there are new mechanics introduced in the various supplements that are *not*supported by the core game system data files, please let us know. We've already added a few new mechanics from different settings, and we can extend the core files with additional mechanics as needed.
rob is offline   #5 Reply With Quote