Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder

Notices

Ater2010

Old June 6th, 2010, 03:58 AM
Hi,
Four days ago I purchased army builder from your download page,$43.19 cad deducted from my card -but received an error. I checked the card account & this deduction still shows four days later, with no license and unable to use army builder properly.

I emailed support immediately with a similar explanation and the reference number to the current card transaction with my contact info, but have not received a response from a real person. Just a generic automated mailer message.

Anyone else have a similar problem and no response from support?

Ater2010
Ater2010 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 7th, 2010, 08:08 AM
Sorry to hear you're having problems. We're a tiny company that can't afford a full-time support staff, so we try to answer all emails within 2-3 business days. If you emailed us about the problem on Thursday last week, our support staff should hopefully get back to you today or tomorrow with a solution.
Colen is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 7th, 2010, 10:31 AM
I checked with Nancy on this - she's the one who handles our front-line technical support. She says she never received an initial support email from you four days ago, but she did receive a follow-up email from you yesterday. That means something strange happened to the original email you sent, which we need to investigate. Can you please provide us with the date and time that you sent that email, along with the email address you sent it from? Also include the date/time of the automatic response email you received. Once we have that info, we can investigate what happened on this end.

Please send the details to helpdesk at wolflair dot com.

Last edited by rob; June 7th, 2010 at 10:46 AM. Reason: Added email address
rob is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 7th, 2010, 10:45 AM
Here's an explanation of what happened with your card.....

Cards are processed in two stages, which normally amount to obtaining an authorization and then capturing (or transferring) the funds. Our server first obtained an authorization for the charge. An error was returned with that authorization, although the authorization was approved by the bank. Due to the error, our server immediately voided the authorization.

If you had used a *CREDIT* card, you would have never seen the charge appear, as it was properly voided. However, you used a *DEBIT* card. Debit cards look and behave like a credit card for most purposes, but not all of them. There is lots of wiggle room for banks when debit cards are used.

Many banks will put a "hold" on funds when an authorization is obtained against a debit card. If the authorization is then voided out, the bank is *not* obligated to release that hold for some period of time (in some cases, it can be days). The money was never actually taken from your account, but the bank shows it that way. The bank is *supposed* to release the funds if the authorization is voided, but they will often sit on that money for awhile. They make it look like the merchant is at fault, but that's not the case at all.

All you need to do is contact your bank and complain about the charge still showing on your account. Many account reps will either be clueless about this behavior or play dumb, but if you press them they will release the funds the way they are supposed to. The charge will also simply disappear after some number of days.

I'm guessing the charge you mention about has disappear from your account by now. If not, let me know and I will provide you with official transaction detail that you can send to your bank that clearly *proves* the authorization was immediately voided properly. They won't be able to argue against that evidence. :-)

Sorry for the hassle and confusion with this. However, this is an issue that can be squarely blamed on your bank. :-(
rob is offline   #4 Reply With Quote