Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 14th, 2017, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tharmiones View Post
I think I have found a Bug in the Conferred Ability Adjustment for the Magus: Spell Combat or I'm understanding it's usage wrong.

I do have a Level 5 Magus:

By default the Penalty the is chosen ist 0, so 0 bonus is added to the Concentration check. However also 0 Penalty is taken at the Weapons Attack Value. This should be -2 already.
Actually it should be 0. HL is already providing a -2 when you equip your one-handed weapon in the primary hand and "Touch Attack" or "Ranged Touch Attack" weapon as the off-hand.

Here is a image with a level 1 magus with 10 Str:
Magus1.jpg
As can be seen the -2 to Hit is already taken into account correctly by HL.

In addition there is a "Touch Attack, Damage" adjustment that lets you set the damage value instead of "As Spell". Which I just tried and its not working correctly. So I will fix that also.

Quote:
If I select -2 as a penalty the Weapon Attack Value gets also -2 but also a +2 Bonus is applied to Concentration Checks, which shouldn't be the case.
When you entered -2 you are saying I am taking an additional penalty to hit (on top of the normal TWF rules) to get a Plus bonus to concentration. So this is correct.

Quote:
I think the penalty to Attack should always be the chosen value -2, because I can't find any indication in the rules that the initial penalty for Spell Combat is already added to the Concentration Check as a bonus.
I will try and update the wording/note to make this more 'clear' on how the adjustment is meant to work. That is my bad for being in a hurry. Sorry!

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; January 14th, 2017 at 12:50 PM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #931 Reply With Quote
Tharmiones

Old January 14th, 2017, 04:01 PM
This however does not work in my case, because my char is using Dervish Dance with the Scimitar and if I "equip" the Touch Attack it falls back to STR based Attack/Damage.
Tharmiones is offline   #932 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old January 15th, 2017, 09:28 AM
Quote:
This however does not work in my case, because my char is using Dervish Dance with the Scimitar and if I "equip" the Touch Attack it falls back to STR based Attack/Damage.
That is a different issue that I can take a look into.

Update: This is fixed and will be in the next Pack release.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; January 15th, 2017 at 10:54 AM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #933 Reply With Quote
Arisiana

Old January 16th, 2017, 01:10 AM
I downloaded and installed the v1.6 Pathfinder Pack to my iPad and I get the following error trying to add a new portfolio:

Thing Extension fStunnPin - thing fStunnPin not defined

Any help would be appreciated.
Arisiana is offline   #934 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old January 16th, 2017, 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arisiana View Post
I downloaded and installed the v1.6 Pathfinder Pack to my iPad and I get the following error trying to add a new portfolio:

Well thats not good. HL is not suppose to care about a missing Thing anymore.

I assume you don't have the Pathfinder Unchained license?

I will need to look into this. You are not suppose to need a "specific" license anymore.

Hero Lab Resources:

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; January 16th, 2017 at 10:59 AM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #935 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 16th, 2017, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arisiana View Post

I haven't tried this on the iPad, but it should work fine - are you sure your copy of HL for iPad is up to date? Try updating it from the app store - what version does it show at the top-right of the "select portfolio" screen?
Colen is offline   #936 Reply With Quote
Merion

Old January 17th, 2017, 07:08 AM
Questions from a newbie (just bought HL today):

I want to use HL to run my encounters out of Realm Works. For this I need to build my encounters first via the encounter builder in HL (right?). Now right of the bat, I needed a monster not in the three bestiaries, but luckily in the Pathfinder Pack (the shrieker from Forgotten Foes, https://is.gd/bRZOUX). So, I went and followed the installation instruction for the community pack.
Now when I open HL and am presented with the char creation view, I check the box for Forgotten Foes on the right side. But when I try to set the race of the char to shrieker, I only get violet fungus (because it mentions shriekers in its description).
But that's not what I really want, so I go to the encounter builder and search for shrieker. Now all I got is Beetle, Giant Boring.

And even that beetle triggers a warning, because it wants Occult Adventures. Before downloading the community pack, I checked the forum entry and there was no mentioning of any prerequisites. For the deprecated Community Bestiary there were some mentioned, but for the unified pack nothing was said, so I assumed the creators somehow got rid of these dependencies.

Which leads me to my questions:
1. Can I even use the Pathfinder Pack with just the basic Rulebook package of HL and the bestiary bundle added?
2. If yes, what am I doing wrong? How do I find the shriekers?
3. If no, what do I need to use it?

Thanks in advance!

PS: Sorry if this has been answered before, but I lack to time to read through the 90+ pages of this thread.

Last edited by Merion; January 17th, 2017 at 07:12 AM.
Merion is offline   #937 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old January 17th, 2017, 07:28 AM
Shriekers, among some other former monsters, are classified as "Hazards" in D&D 3.x and Pathfinder. They are not a race you can select.

See the Core Rulebook p. 415 for their entry.

Violet Fungi are still classified as monsters, and appear in the first Bestiary.
Silveras is offline   #938 Reply With Quote
Merion

Old January 17th, 2017, 07:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveras View Post
Shriekers, among some other former monsters, are classified as "Hazards" in D&D 3.x and Pathfinder. They are not a race you can select.

See the Core Rulebook p. 415 for their entry.

Violet Fungi are still classified as monsters, and appear in the first Bestiary.
You are correct, of course. According to this page however, Forgotten Foes has stats for shriekers. And these I wanted to add to the encounter (the idea being here, that the shriekers wake up a plethora of other fungal creatures).
Also my question concerning dependencies still stands.
Merion is offline   #939 Reply With Quote
Silverthorne

Old January 17th, 2017, 08:20 AM
Wondering if anyone was working on the PRC from faiths and pantheons.
Heartwarder?
Silverthorne is offline   #940 Reply With Quote