Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Krovikan

Old December 3rd, 2009, 11:37 AM
Is there a way to remove the logo's off the bottom of the sheet, I understand the White-Wolf logo and WoD, VtR copy rights would probably have to stay however I would like to remove the Hero Lab, Validation report and the copy right of the Hero Lab logo.
Krovikan is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 4th, 2009, 12:18 AM
Those logos are currently fixed. I can understand wanting to remove the validation report, so I've added that capability to the todo list. However, I don't understand what would be our motivation for leaving the Hero Lab information off. That info is just as fundamental to us, as a company, as including the White Wolf logo and copyrights. Please help me to understand this.
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Krovikan

Old December 4th, 2009, 06:41 AM
Now that I think about it, I have changed my position on the Hero Lab logo. So pretty much I would have to do any modifications to the PDF itself and not during generation.
Krovikan is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 4th, 2009, 01:02 PM
One of the things on our todo list (and pretty high on it at this point) is the ability to let users create their own character sheet output for all game systems. At that point, you'll have complete control. Until then, the output is limited to what we've currently provided, although there are some output options appropriate to each game system.

What are you trying to achieve? If you could explain your objectives, then it would help us to understand and maybe offer some suggestions. At a minimum, it would allow us to make sure that the generalized output capability we have planned will let you do what you want.
rob is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Krovikan

Old December 4th, 2009, 01:20 PM
Is there anyway I can contact you directly to answer your question?
Krovikan is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 4th, 2009, 01:43 PM
Sure. Please send me an email at helpdesk at wolflair dot com. I'm trying to avoid unnecessary spam by obfuscating the email address.
rob is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
SAbel

Old December 4th, 2009, 01:52 PM
Just as an FYI from my days of mini gaming and tournaments, Lone Wolf and validation report gave BIG this army is ok for play no questions. From playing in events such as LFR the validation makes every Judge/ official person happy to see your character is following the guidelines for community play, Not to mention when people see the cool landscape character sheet (I prefer this version) they all ask where did it come from and its easy to show them the Logo.

Just my 2 cents
SAbel is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Spence

Old December 12th, 2009, 12:11 PM
OK I'll add mine, 2 cents that is

First..Landscape! Where landscape! None of the character sheets I have access to give that as an option. I much much much much prefer landscape so a landscape version for character sheets would be really appreciated.

Second.. The biggest issue I have with the character sheets (note this has only been an issue for me so far with M&M and not with SW) is the overflow break point. Currently if there are a lot of powers, skills and so on a portion get chopped and sent to the second page while gear and the validation data remain on the bottom. For M&M this happens to the attack summary section as well. This causes no end to problems at a con game or with new players. I'd like to see the sheets keep the more important in game items intact and if necessary shove non-in game and lesser needed info to the back page. Things like gear, validation, build points summaries, XP and so on are used infrequently or not at all during play and don't need to be on the first page.

Right now I have to print the character sheet, scan it, chop it up into multiple pics, put all the important stuff back together in a doc and then re-print it. It is a pain in the A, but at least when my new players look at their sheet all the skills are in the same place. And for me as the GM I spend less time flipping through things to find or make sure I didn't forget something.

all done
Spence is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
SAbel

Old December 13th, 2009, 05:38 PM
Hey Ya Spencer,
The landscape (which is totally awesome) is an option in the 4E files, part of the 3.5 OGL and that is all I can find (sorry) it does so rock
2nd the last up date for 4E allowed for more space to be given to areas such as Feats, Racial abilities ect, which were cut off at points due to space. So that may be a good point to bring up in the forums for each game system and list the whats and whys it would make it better so that they guys can see it. They will then let everyone know if it can be or is a good idea to change. I agree with the work your doing on a sheet its got to be a pain.
SAbel is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 21st, 2009, 11:48 AM
Generally we try and follow the format of the existing character sheets for a game. Players like to see familiar sheets, and virtually every game I'm familiar with has a portrait character sheet. Generally time is tight when we make a new game system, so we don't want to spend a lot of time coming up with alternate character sheets that most people won't even use.

4e is the exception to this - it has a portrait sheet and a landscape sheet, which are effectively identical once you move a couple of sections around. This made it desirable and easy to create a landscape sheet for 4e.
Colen is offline   #10 Reply With Quote