Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 23rd, 2010, 09:19 AM
@Colen:
I could be wrong, but it sounds like the same problem I ran into with Ubik. It seems to happen when the Enhanced Traits increases a feat that is already present. Interestingly enough, Enhanced Traits also lets you increase a feat above the maximum. I currently have a character rocking with Evasion 6. Oh, and Conspiracy Theory needs to be limited to 5 ranks.
Duggan is offline   #81 Reply With Quote
Duggan

Old July 25th, 2010, 07:13 PM
This is a minor-ish thing, and present in prior iterations, but the Dice Roller window is linked to the main window such that it disappears if you click over to the Tactical Console, the one place you're most likely to be using it. And if you close a portfolio or open a new one while you have the Tactical Console up, the next time it comes up, it's about half an inch wide, won't expand, and expands out to inch wide if you maximize it. You have to close it and then re-open it to get it to work again.
Duggan is offline   #82 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 26th, 2010, 09:39 AM
I don't think we should have the dice roller always on top of the tactical console - as it stands, you can have the two forms slightly offset from each other, and click on the one you want to use to bring it to the top. However, this doesn't help if you're running at something like 1024x768 and don't have that much space... hmm. Maybe we should add a "dice roller" button to the tactical console, that you could press whenever you wanted to summon it?

I'm not sure I understand what you mean about the other bug. If you do this:

1) Open the Battlesuit portfolio in Hero Lab
2) Open the Tactical Console
3) Open the Paragon portfolio

The Tactical Console then resizes itself?
Colen is offline   #83 Reply With Quote
Duggan

Old July 26th, 2010, 11:18 AM
The main Hero Lab window is generally maximized on my machine due to doing most of the work on my laptop which does indeed have only a slightly larger resolution than the above. I typically have the Tactical Console a bit smaller so that I can fit a dice-roller off to the right. It is possible to bring up the main window, invoke the dice-roller and then minmize the main window. One can then alt-tab or click to the Tactical Console and both the Dice Roller and the Tactical Console are visible. However, the next time you click on the Dice Roller, it restores the main window, displacing the Tactical Console. What I would like is for the three dialogs to be their own windows so that clicking on one does not bring up another.

I'll try to post a more coherent summary of the second bug once I get home, but yes, that's basically what I see. I don't know whether it's relevant, but when I open the second portfolio, it loads all of the active heros into the console, but with the round count of the first portfolio.
Duggan is offline   #84 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 26th, 2010, 11:51 AM
I've uploaded a new beta here, which should fix some of the more serious issues people were encountering. Check it out:

http://forums.wolflair.com/showthrea...1749#post41749
Colen is offline   #85 Reply With Quote
Duggan

Old July 26th, 2010, 05:07 PM
Huh... and now I can't seem to trigger that situation with the Tactical Console. If I figure out what causes you, I'll leave a message. ^_^ But yeah, the Dice Roller being linked to the main window makes clicking back and forth a bit annoying.
Duggan is offline   #86 Reply With Quote
Woodclaw

Old August 4th, 2010, 03:09 PM
A minor nitpick about the Stack With extra.
I've just tried to use it to build a character with a blast power and a device that boost it up, I modelled it with the Stack With extra, but neither the output sheet, nor the PL calculation (it's an NPC) claculates the new Blast rank, they are still working with the base powers.
Woodclaw is offline   #87 Reply With Quote
TCArknight

Old August 4th, 2010, 05:03 PM
NM.... this was for the 3E beta

Last edited by TCArknight; August 9th, 2010 at 01:50 AM. Reason: realized comment belonged to another thread
TCArknight is offline   #88 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 12th, 2010, 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodclaw View Post
A minor nitpick about the Stack With extra.
I've just tried to use it to build a character with a blast power and a device that boost it up, I modelled it with the Stack With extra, but neither the output sheet, nor the PL calculation (it's an NPC) claculates the new Blast rank, they are still working with the base powers.
Woodclaw, can you email me a portfolio that shows this problem to colen@wolflair.com ? Thanks.
Colen is offline   #89 Reply With Quote
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer

Old December 26th, 2010, 10:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post

WAYFARER: I have a character with the Rank 12 Trip Power and the sheet is showing a DC of 22.

Pg 93 of U.P. states that if I hit my target, the target makes a STR or DEX check vs my Power Check.

In other words, vs the sum of d20+rank [and if I have Improved Trip (as either a Power Feat or a Character Feat), +4 (if tripping in melee) or +2 (if tripping at range) on top of that].

COLEN: Hmm... wouldn't it mean that there shouldn't be a DC at all? Since all you do is roll (d20 + power rank), and your opponent rolls against that. The only fixed number involved is the power rank, which we already show on the sheet, so showing a DC isn't helpful?

WAYFARER: Correct, there shouldn't be a DC at all. If the Attacker beats the Defender's DEF the "contact" was established. To determine if the TRIP succeeds it's the Defender's d20 roll + appropriate Ability Bonus versus the result of the Attacker's Power Check.

Just a reminder. There shouldn't be a DC for the Power: TRIP in the ATTACKS portion of the character sheet since the "DC" the target has to beat is somewhat random as noted above.

This is what it is currently showing in the Attack Section of the sheet:

Trip 12, +10 (DC 22)
- Bludgeoning / Skill / Technology / Training, Crit 20,
Range Incr 120ft.

Nigel Fogg, aka The Wayfarer

Last edited by Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer; December 26th, 2010 at 10:43 PM.
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer is offline   #90 Reply With Quote