Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

JDRook
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Send a message via AIM to JDRook Send a message via Yahoo to JDRook Send a message via Skype™ to JDRook

Old December 14th, 2010, 08:56 PM
Grabbing Finesse doesn't calculate the Grab attack bonus based on Dex, and Elongation doesn't add to the Grab attack bonus. I happened to notice this working on Mr. Fantastic.

Edit: No, wait, I'm looking at the attack check required before the grab. Technically the Grab check should be the DC the target needs to resist, I guess, but now that I look closely at it I'm not sure if Grab resistance is DC10 plus Strength (OR Dex plus Elnogation or whatever) or DC15 plus whatever.

Last edited by JDRook; December 14th, 2010 at 09:06 PM.
JDRook is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
FifthWanderer

Old December 15th, 2010, 04:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDRook View Post
Edit: No, wait, I'm looking at the attack check required before the grab. Technically the Grab check should be the DC the target needs to resist, I guess, but now that I look closely at it I'm not sure if Grab resistance is DC10 plus Strength (OR Dex plus Elongation or whatever) or DC15 plus whatever.
Most effects default to a total of DC 10 plus the level of the effect. Grab is Strength or Dodge (whichever is higher) versus 10 + Strength(+ Elongation, in this case).
FifthWanderer is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
JDRook

Send a message via AIM to JDRook Send a message via Yahoo to JDRook Send a message via Skype™ to JDRook

Old December 15th, 2010, 08:13 AM
Thank you for clarifying that. That means the Grab output in HL just displays the damage resistance DC in the Special tab as opposed to a grab resistance DC. This could certainly get confusing, but I'm wondering if there's a way to display all three: Attack, Grab, and Damage.
JDRook is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 26th, 2010, 08:20 PM
Sorry, I'm not sure what the "grab resistance DC" would be. Wouldn't it differ depending on the stats of the person being grabbed? Or am I getting confused?
Colen is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Shadowchaser

Old December 26th, 2010, 09:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
Sorry, I'm not sure what the "grab resistance DC" would be. Wouldn't it differ depending on the stats of the person being grabbed? Or am I getting confused?
When someone makes a Grab check, the target makes a resistance check against a DC based on the attacker's Strength + 10.

The defender may have different skills to use to avoid the grab (there is hope this is clarified in the errata), but the DC to avoid being grabbed was clarified in the DC Quickstart Guide. (The mini-adventure with Superboy)

The Grab DC in the program is reflecting the DC for damage from strength, which is Strength + 15. I think people want to see the DC for avoiding the grab instead.
Shadowchaser is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 27th, 2010, 08:10 AM
Gotcha. So, making sure I'm clear on how stuff should work:

When Grab currently shows "Grab, +0 (DC 15)", the DC 15 is not useful, because that's just your unarmed attack save DC. Instead, you want to show a different DC, of 10 + attacker's strength, which is what the defender needs to roll to avoid the grab once you hit with it. The attack value displayed is fine and doesn't need to change.

Is that correct?
Colen is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Shadowchaser

Old December 27th, 2010, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
Gotcha. So, making sure I'm clear on how stuff should work:

When Grab currently shows "Grab, +0 (DC 15)", the DC 15 is not useful, because that's just your unarmed attack save DC. Instead, you want to show a different DC, of 10 + attacker's strength, which is what the defender needs to roll to avoid the grab once you hit with it. The attack value displayed is fine and doesn't need to change.

Is that correct?
Well, it's currently showing DC 15 + the Strength of the attacker, when we need it to say DC 10 + Strength of the attacker. So, yeah.
Shadowchaser is offline   #7 Reply With Quote