Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Authoring Kit

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Conandy

Old October 16th, 2017, 03:04 PM
Hey, guys. Sorry if this has been asked before and sorry to be such a noob. My little bit of computer science and programming ended in about 1993.

I have been pouring over the authoring kit and online documentation for adding custom content using the editor, but when it gets to parts that have stuff written in the scripting language, my eyes just glaze over as I have zero foundation in the language, syntax, how it works, etc. Most of the articles with examples only show very basic easy stuff (in the editor), or else they jump to descriptions that seem to expect a very high level of knowledge by the reader, and lose me quickly.

Is there a good place to go to get a fundamental grasp of how the scripting language works so that I can have a better idea of what things mean and how they are put together?

FYI: My task I am trying to do is add some custom feats in D&D 5e. I can get about halfway there by copying other feats and tweaking, but some stuff is beyond me. For instance, one feat (from fan made stuff online) called Combat Training allows any PC to learn a fighting style from any class. So I think I need to add the "fighting style" capability to the character, maybe even multiple versions (one for each class that has different options?). That is just one example of stuff that is beyond me so far.

Thanks in advance.

Andy
Conandy is offline   #1 Reply With Quote