Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

Mergon

Old January 6th, 2017, 05:16 AM
Odds are whoever created those items didn't provide a Source so you can't turn them off. <sigh>

We've found quite a few of those over time and we try to fix them as we discover them.

Any issues found should be reported at the GIT site so we can fix them.

The site is found here: https://github.com/Sklore/HL_DD_5e_Colab/issues/new

Watch your back, Conserve your ammo,
and NEVER cut a deal with a dragon!
Mergon is offline   #351 Reply With Quote
Lkj

Old January 6th, 2017, 11:07 AM
Don't know if this has been noted: But I have a 10th level fighter using a versatile weapon (Battle Axe), when I print the character sheet it erroneously doubles the damage bonus from +4 to +8. Looks fine in HeroLab. Only when I output it.

AD

P.S. I'll post the issue to github with file when I get home.

Last edited by Lkj; January 6th, 2017 at 11:21 AM.
Lkj is offline   #352 Reply With Quote
Asandir

Old January 6th, 2017, 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mergon View Post
Odds are whoever created those items didn't provide a Source so you can't turn them off. <sigh>

We've found quite a few of those over time and we try to fix them as we discover them.

Any issues found should be reported at the GIT site so we can fix them.

The site is found here: https://github.com/Sklore/HL_DD_5e_Colab/issues/new
I added one for the spells/psionic talents from the Psionic Handbook for exactly this issue.

Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum.
Asandir is offline   #353 Reply With Quote
wurzel

Old January 8th, 2017, 06:18 AM
Maybe it makes sense to split the community pack so that homebrew options are in a separate pack that one does not have to load and so can get rid of those unwanted features.

DM: Tol'Uluk - game system independent homebrew world (so far AD&D 2, D&D3.5, Fate, Pathfinder, D&D5)
Tools: RW, CC3+, CD3, DD3, HL
RL: Retired senior IT manager. Now just housewife, grandma and fantasy author.
wurzel is offline   #354 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old January 8th, 2017, 07:44 AM
That would be really good. I'm editing my install of the community pack each release to remove homebrew stuff that's totally unbalanced. It would be much more efficient to uncheck a box or at least have a logical place to look for editing.

Report RealmWorks bugs here
Report Pathfinder HeroLab bugs here
Report 5e HeroLab bugs here
Report 5e HeroLab Community Pack bugs here
AEIOU is offline   #355 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old January 8th, 2017, 10:54 AM
It's something I wish we had done. As far as I know though it's really bad practice to remove items from the pack post release.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #356 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 8th, 2017, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daplunk View Post
It's something I wish we had done. As far as I know though it's really bad practice to remove items from the pack post release.
To be clear it "can" be done. But yes it causes overhead to creating the installer and it has to be tracked "forever". I would "really" prefer it only be done if you 100% have to do that and you are 100% sure it fixes the problems.

It sort of sounds like just making sure every Thing is source marked correctly fixes this issue. Making sure if that if a gamer turns off the "House rule" options that NOTHING appears or any scripts fire. I can also move the "House Rule" section to be further down the list of Options (ie very end). That can help keep it out the more popular section of Configure Your Hero.

Also think about the issues of Tags and Resources. If something in the House Rule pack was to reference something in the 5e Pack you can have issues. First one is what happens if a gamer only installed the House Rule Pack they they will will get errors. HL will load into Safe Mode. No way to have the installer check for other "dependent" packs before installing. From experience this will cause additional support time to explain this to all the gamers that ONLY loaded the one pack.

From actual experience of trying to run multiple Packs its MUCH easier/nicer/less time to have a single Pack. Just someone has to spend the time to make sure that all NEW Things and Old Things are source marked.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #357 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old January 8th, 2017, 11:12 AM
Yup as I suspected. Not even close to being worth it. End of the day it's possible to set your defult configuration to have the options you don't want turned off.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #358 Reply With Quote
mattacm

Old January 12th, 2017, 07:39 PM
What a phenomenal community pack. This saved me so much time from all the custom options I would have had to do for my first campaign. The only thing my players chose that I didn't have an option for was the new UA artificer class (instead of the first iteration of a wizard archtype). I won't be starting the campaign for a bit though. That being said:

Do you intend to add this to the next release?
How often do you generally do releases?
Is there a way to donate or show appreciation some way?
mattacm is offline   #359 Reply With Quote
Alyksandrei

Old January 17th, 2017, 11:16 AM
So to report an issue on github, I have to sign up for an account? I have too many accounts! If I have a question on why something in the community pack isn't working the way I would expect, where on the forums here should I ask for clarification and/or assistance determining if it really is a community-pack (as opposed to a base software or user expectation or something) problem? In this thread? Open a new one? I'm trying to avoid adding another barely-used account to my collection...
Alyksandrei is offline   #360 Reply With Quote