Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Tobyn52

Old November 8th, 2018, 09:11 AM
Apologies if this question has been answered earlier. A search in these forums didn't yield any results for me.

Is it possible to add a Variant Domain Power?

The 1st level Domain Power for Healing is Rebuke Death, but I'd prefer to add the Exorcise Haunt power.

Thanks!
Tobyn52 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old November 8th, 2018, 12:47 PM
You could use the editor to copy Healing and change the class special it bootstraps, then save your new version. That's a relatively simple fix.
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Tobyn52

Old November 9th, 2018, 10:42 AM
Thanks. This seems to have worked out, but I now have a permanent validation error, possibly due to how I did it.

Just for the record, these are the steps I took.

1. In Editor > New Datafile > Class > Cleric Domain
2. New (Copy) > Healing (cdHealing)
3. Bootstraps > Choose > Exorcise Haunt (cHeaExorci) > OK
4. Unique iD > cdHealingVar
5. Name > Healing (Variant)
6. Changed Description Text slightly to reflect new domain power.
7. Save
8. Test Now!

Do these steps seem right?

Also, I noticed that originally, Rebuke Death (dHeaRebuke) and Healer's Blessing (dHeaBless) both start with "d", but Exorcise Haunt starts with a "c". It that right?

Thanks!
Tobyn52 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old November 9th, 2018, 01:04 PM
I would have expected one of the steps being removing the bootstrap for Rebuke Death.

What is the text of the validation error? If it is "your deity does not allow this domain", then I think you can resolve that by adding the HasAbility tag for the core version on your variant.

The d vs. c thing is correct. It's a relic of something carried over from d20. You notice that domains have their own tab in the editor? That is because they are their own slightly different thing from the more generic Custom Special Abilities. Initially I believe the first domains were given designators of "d" for domain, but as time has gone on they're more treated as any other custom special and so use "c" like those.
Aaron is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Tobyn52

Old November 12th, 2018, 06:44 AM
Thanks for the insight on "c" vs. "d".

Yes, that's the error I got. I actually just brute force fixed it with making the variant healing domain available to all deities. It's inelegant but gets rid of the validation error.

For neatness sake (and because I am a complete newb in using the editor), how would I add the HasAbility tag? My limited guess would be:

Tag button > Add new Tag
Group Id > HasAbility
Tag Id > cHeaExorci

Or do you mean making a Sarenrae variant? I tried something like this earlier, but then ran into a problem where I was no longer eligible for the Envoy of Healing trait.

Either way not super critical anymore, so thanks for the help! (I mean, it wasn't ever really critical, but that red exclamation mark can be so vexing!)

Last edited by Tobyn52; November 12th, 2018 at 06:48 AM.
Tobyn52 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old November 12th, 2018, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobyn52 View Post
For neatness sake (and because I am a complete newb in using the editor), how would I add the HasAbility tag? My limited guess would be:

Tag button > Add new Tag
Group Id > HasAbility
Tag Id > cHeaExorci

Or do you mean making a Sarenrae variant? I tried something like this earlier, but then ran into a problem where I was no longer eligible for the Envoy of Healing trait.
Yes, adding new tags can be done by the blue tag button in the upper right of the editor, though the tag ID you gave there isn't the correct one, from what I understand. You copied "cdHealing" when making your new domain, so if you want to fulfill pre-reqs as what you copied, use "cdHealing" for the Tag ID.
Aaron is offline   #6 Reply With Quote