Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 9th, 2010, 08:47 PM
*grumble* Either I'm doing this wrong or this doesn't work for me. It still freezes at the same point as before.
Duggan is offline   #31 Reply With Quote
huntercc

Old March 20th, 2010, 05:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderdaddy View Post
Great news, this is now fixed in Wine 1.1.40. I just tried it and can confirm.

I'll give it a more thorough test tonight, but the original hang is now gone.

Cheers
Interesting... I just tried this again on Wine 1.0.1 and the Pathfinder dataset works great for me. So does the D20 set.

huntercc is offline   #32 Reply With Quote
huntercc

Old March 21st, 2010, 07:57 AM
I tried to obtain a secondary license for install on my Ubuntu box, but I get the following message:

Quote:
'Accessing the License Management Website' requires a properly installed web-browser, such as Internet Explorer or Netscape Navigator.
I have Firefox installed and operating correctly... that was how I downloaded HL in the first place...?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg error.JPG (17.3 KB, 6 views)
huntercc is offline   #33 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 22nd, 2010, 01:52 PM
It's possible that WINE doesn't report the installed browser correctly, or allow you to launch a web browser from within a windows program. You can get a secondary license by going to:

http://www.lonewolfdevel.com/

And logging in with your license, instead of doing it from within the product.

Hope this helps!
Colen is offline   #34 Reply With Quote
huntercc

Old March 23rd, 2010, 05:26 AM
That did it - thanks!
huntercc is offline   #35 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 24th, 2010, 06:42 PM
Ah, finally got the right version of Wine. It runs, although all of the buttons are blank and the colors are funny. I also managed to induce a crash while trying to import from Instant Superheroes, but it wouldn't let me copy to the clipboard.
Duggan is offline   #36 Reply With Quote
huntercc

Old April 5th, 2010, 07:04 PM
Has anybody gotten PDF output to work in WINE yet? It just creates a 0-byte file and hangs when I try it.
huntercc is offline   #37 Reply With Quote
huntercc

Old April 15th, 2010, 07:38 AM
FYI - I was able to get PDF printing to work, but I had to upgrade to the latest WINE beta (v1.1.42). It works great!

But be warned - upgrading WINE will disable your license and you'll need to re-assign it.
huntercc is offline   #38 Reply With Quote
Ogre92

Old September 8th, 2011, 08:34 AM
I'm trying to get the latest version of HL running on a netbook. I have an Acer Aspire One D255E running Ubuntu 11.04 with Wine version 1.3.27. I've tested this on a Dell Mini10 as well with the same results. The program will launch and let me get into the Pathfinder data set. However after making two or three selections on various screens, adding a level, adding a skill, adding equipment, etc..., the program just closes out with the following output:

fixme:wininet:InternetSetOptionW Option INTERNET_OPTION_CONNECT_TIMEOUT (30000): STUB
fixme:wininet:InternetSetOptionW INTERNET_OPTION_SEND/RECEIVE_TIMEOUT/DATA_SEND_TIMEOUT 30000
fixme:wininet:InternetSetOptionW Option INTERNET_OPTION_CONNECT_TIMEOUT (30000): STUB
fixme:wininet:InternetSetOptionW INTERNET_OPTION_SEND/RECEIVE_TIMEOUT/DATA_SEND_TIMEOUT 30000
fixme:wininet:HTTPREQ_SetOption unsupported without active connection
fixme:wininet:CommitUrlCacheEntryInternal entry already in cache - don't know what to do!
fixme:wininet:CommitUrlCacheEntryInternal entry already in cache - don't know what to do!
X Error of failed request: BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation)
Major opcode of failed request: 53 (X_CreatePixmap)
Serial number of failed request: 177547
Current serial number in output stream: 180881

Anybody got any ideas as to what might be causing this?
Ogre92 is offline   #39 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 12th, 2011, 02:41 PM
It looks like the problem is in the internet functions - try disabling automatic updates from the settings menu? That way we won't be making any calls to the internet functions, so this problem shouldn't occur.
Colen is offline   #40 Reply With Quote