Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

hauntedrulz

Old June 13th, 2013, 07:10 AM
Hey, new customer here; little pissed off.

I know LWD is a small company still, but it's been passed the three day mark now on waiting for someone to reset the DRM issue with my purchase since Saturday.

The license I received as a birthday gift didn't work when I tried to install the game on my netbook. Kept getting the error that I must have typed something wrong. Figured there could have been any number of variables after I'd triple and quadruple checked the license number, so I thought it was probably just the wrong email address entered when my sister bought me the gift license. I never got the email from LWD confirming her order, but she'd sent me all the licensing and ordering information.

I tried it again when I got home on a different computer, in case I was simply getting the mismatch error because of a network connectivity issue. Tried it with my home computer instead, which worked on the first try and now the software thinks I hacked someone's account.

My views on how strict DRM is more anti-consumer than anti-pirate aside, a three day turn-around on tech support email is unprofessional at best. That irked me when I was sending in my support ticket and follow up—which yes, did contain my order number, license number, and sent it from the email that license should be tied to—but I got over that part; small company, whatever. But now we're already passed that threshold in time. I'm glad to see this is how Lone Wolf rewards consumers who purchase their product instead of pirating it.

If this isn't resolved quickly at this point, I'll be missing the game I downloaded the software for in the first place. When that happens, I'm going to go from “I'm angry, but fix it so I can play” guy on your forums to “I'm angry, screw it, give me a refund guy.” That's okay, you didn't want me to buy fifty dollars in add-ons for pathfinder on my day up and running, did you?
hauntedrulz is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 13th, 2013, 10:52 AM
Hi there,

Many apologies for the delay - we've just replied to your email, so you should be sorted out now. Please let me know if you run into any further issues, and I'll get them resolved ASAP.
Colen is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
hauntedrulz

Old June 13th, 2013, 01:12 PM
Thank you very much. Got the primary license running on my desktop with my starting addons.
hauntedrulz is offline   #3 Reply With Quote