Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Pdiddy Riley

Old March 2nd, 2012, 09:37 PM

Hi,

For some reason i cannot get the HPKEY.lic file onto my system.

I dug into everything i can possible find about the subject. I do IT stuff for a living so im no dummy. Man your licensing process is crazy. Point is i bought a retail copy through trollandtoad.com and got it today. I have been waiting for it for like 3 weeks.

Installed tonight. put in all the info. activated. then updated. and now i cant use it but in demo mode. Im not going to download any additional packages if i cant get it working ya know.

I tried turning off all my firewalls and what not. Rebooting. re installing several times.

Different install locations. multiple tries manual and automatically activating the license. i mean i looked at license management and it says BAM! activated, working for pathfinder ect. but cannot get it to install the hpkey.lic file.

really getting frustrated please help.

*Dies*
Pdiddy Riley is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
John
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 4th, 2012, 01:48 PM
Hi.

Sorry to hear that the install isn't going well. Please e-mail our support desk directly with the license number you received and also the e-mail address you used when registering. You'll get an automated response initially; if you don't receive it, please check your spam folder.

We'll take a look, and get back to you as soon as possible.
John is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 4th, 2012, 06:01 PM
When you contact support, it's *critical* that you include the version of Windows you are using and whether you are running with Administrator privileges or not. Those two factors have huge implications on this type of issue, so if you don't include them right away, support will need to ask you for the info and that will simply delay getting a resolution.

Also, since you purchased the product on CD, you might not have the latest version, so there could be issues associated with that. If they happened to have a very old CD on the shelf, you might be running into issues with newer versions of Windows that have been long fixed. Please make sure that you download the latest version from our website and install that, then try again.

If the above doesn't solve things for you, please coordinate with support to figure things out in more details.
rob is offline   #3 Reply With Quote