Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Pathfinder 2nd Edition

Notices

mototom

Old February 4th, 2023, 10:25 AM
Can someone explain vault pricing? I haven't seen an official announcement, other than a "you can buy it in the store" pop up in HLO and a couple lines in the last release notes.

Quote:
  • Vault access for these books is granted automatically on new purchases or can be added on for a discount to previously purchased character content.
  • Vault access can be added for already-owned books through the store, while new purchases include Vault access.
If I understand the release notes, Vault content is included only in new rule content purchases. Those of us who previously purchased rulebooks have to pay to add Vault access for those purchases.

Is this correct? Are the only people paying for the Vault people who have been supporting HLO already? Or am I misunderstanding the pricing?

Because that really feels like a punch in the gut.
mototom is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Daniel V
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 4th, 2023, 01:50 PM
Ryan will likely be able to answer this better than myself, but I'll do what I can since I'm not sure when he might be around this weekend.

It's my understanding that there's a slight increase in cost to books now that Vault content is folded in, but everyone who already owns a particular book would need to purchase its Vault portion separately. It's not a cost targeted at those who already own the content, it's just a matter of where the cost is located, be it incorporated into new purchases or an upgrade for previous purchases.
Daniel V is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old February 4th, 2023, 03:51 PM
Comparing via archive.org, the hardcovers with Vault content cost $5-7 more than they did before. ($13-15 to $20.) LWD's charging $6 to upgrade books, so some cost less and some more.

It's more than a slight increase to me. We'll see if people think it's worth it.

Parody is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
mototom

Old February 4th, 2023, 04:19 PM
I only spot checked some books in private browser mode to see current pricing, and the few I had looked at seemed to be the same as when I purchased them. Looking at some others now, I see some price increases. The Core Rulebook looks like it's 24.99, though, which is what I paid when I signed up during the playtest.

I'm truly baffled about who this product is for. It's slower to use than just clicking on some of the items on your character that used to contain more complete rules text. Personally I would have preferred any number of other useful features, like encounter libraries for APs, shared party loot and treasure management, starship combat for Starfinder.

I do hope it's successful and helps fund many new features but I can't see myself ever using this.
mototom is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Seelenquell

Old February 5th, 2023, 12:49 AM
I have got an email today about Vault. It says there is a discount for those owning the character content.
All the Vault items available for PF2 are 5,99$, regardless if I own the books or not. Is there a discount code or something?
Seelenquell is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old February 5th, 2023, 02:27 AM
$6 is the upgrade cost for books you own in HLO. Books with both that you don't own went up in price.

The $6 is the discounted price; most books went up $7. (1/7 is ~14.3%)

Last edited by Parody; February 5th, 2023 at 02:31 AM.
Parody is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Shades_Corvid

Old February 5th, 2023, 07:25 PM
Yeah; it not really clear what going on and is Vault your plan to compete with Nexus? I don’t feel it the way; specially when still late for content in SF still which a way to compete with Nexus and Nexus offers free/discounted PDFs.
Shades_Corvid is offline   #7 Reply With Quote