Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Sendric

Old February 23rd, 2016, 06:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TobyFox2002 View Post
For some reason my user files have some massive conflicts. I first noticed a little while ago when I noticed that I was missing the content from the most recent update.

I manually forced an update and was faced with a deluge of.. complaints from the compiler about duplicate entries.

Not sure why hero labs didnt even tell me an update was available (i thought i already updated, but I guess not). I am not sure what is going on, normally I only receive warnings about files that I have worked on or conflicts with my user files, I've never worked with Universal Specials, nor the core books that used to contain the types and subtypes.

Any thoughts?
Did you change the name of any files? You might want to move all your .user files out of the folder then re-download. Or look through the files and see if you accidentally renamed one or made a copy of one.
Sendric is offline   #441 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old February 23rd, 2016, 09:14 AM
Resolved...

Not sure how or why... I removed all of my user files and had only three errors. Two of which were entirely expected (my working copies of files I added this last update duplicating classes) and a single conflict that only appeared as I was re-adding my files one by one.

None of them appeared to be an issue with the Custom -Universal Specials.user file. I don't get it, but I'm not going to complain.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #442 Reply With Quote
jewbacca331

Old February 23rd, 2016, 10:08 AM
@TobyFox2002

I started building the Ronin class and I think I have everything I need set up properly except for a few things.

1. The class features "Infamy" and "Bonzai Charge" I have created under the Custom Ability tab. "Sneak Attack" +1 thru +4 are already in the system. At Level 1 Ronin, they get Sneak Attack +1d6 and Infamy. At Level 2 they get Bonzai Charge, etc. How do I set the level at which these abilities unlock for the Ronin?

2. In the book it has the chart for BAB, Saves, and when they get the above class features. How do I set the Save modifiers to happen at the levels in the book? The only choices I have are Good, Medium, and Poor.

Hopefully, once I get this locked down, I can help you out and build a few classes so you don't have to do all of the work on these.

Thanks.
jewbacca331 is offline   #443 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old February 23rd, 2016, 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jewbacca331 View Post
@TobyFox2002
I started building the Ronin class and I think I have everything I need set up properly except for a few things.
Quote:
1. The class features "Infamy" and "Bonzai Charge" I have created under the Custom Ability tab. "Sneak Attack" +1 thru +4 are already in the system. At Level 1 Ronin, they get Sneak Attack +1d6 and Infamy. At Level 2 they get Bonzai Charge, etc. How do I set the level at which these abilities unlock for the Ronin?
You need to copy the rogue sneak attack, because for the d20 version of hero labs class abilities are linked to a single class. Once you do that you set the SOURCE and LEVEL REQUIREMENT. There may be an easier way to do this so you can use the rogue version. But I don't believe so.

Quote:
2. In the book it has the chart for BAB, Saves, and when they get the above class features. How do I set the Save modifiers to happen at the levels in the book? The only choices I have are Good, Medium, and Poor.
You need to examine the chart in the book to determine what save progression the class has and select one of those options. For the Ronin, I think its Good Fort and Poor Reflex and Will.

Quote:
Hopefully, once I get this locked down, I can help you out and build a few classes so you don't have to do all of the work on these.

Thanks.
I would take a look at the Editor Help file, in many areas it is extremely limited, however its introductory tutorials are quite useful. Also, in the future you'll get more help if you create a new thread in the d20 community and title it with your specific question. This is more of a catch all thread for bugs and technical issues related to the Community files.

If you need more help don't hesitate to ask, though I may not respond right away.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #444 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 23rd, 2016, 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TobyFox2002 View Post
You need to copy the rogue sneak attack, because for the d20 version of hero labs class abilities are linked to a single class. Once you do that you set the SOURCE and LEVEL REQUIREMENT. There may be an easier way to do this so you can use the rogue version. But I don't believe so.
Not currently but one of the things I am fixing is this as I redo classes. If you look at the Barbarian class now you will see a xRage helper object that is bootstrapped to the class. Same for Paladins smite evil. This allows a method of sharing class features easier.

I will be doing the same thing to Sneak Attack...

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #445 Reply With Quote
jewbacca331

Old February 23rd, 2016, 04:11 PM
Thanks so much for the feedback. Since I have you here, I just have two more questions:

1. Where do I change the max level of the class? I thought I set it to 10 when I created it, but it is telling me it is set to 0 for some reason.

2. Does the Skill Points Per Level field take Int modifier into account automatically or do I have to add that?
jewbacca331 is offline   #446 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old February 23rd, 2016, 09:35 PM
Quote:
1. Where do I change the max level of the class? I thought I set it to 10 when I created it, but it is telling me it is set to 0 for some reason.
This is stored on the "Class->Class Level" tab in the editor. Its on the right side under the buttons called "Max Limit".

Quote:
2. Does the Skill Points Per Level field take Int modifier into account automatically or do I have to add that?
Int Modifier is taken into account by HL already. You just want to enter the base number of skill points a class gets (ie Fighter 2, Rogue 8).

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #447 Reply With Quote
mirtos

Old March 5th, 2016, 07:34 AM
[ignore this post]
mirtos is offline   #448 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old March 5th, 2016, 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirtos View Post
[ignore this post]
No

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #449 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old March 7th, 2016, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirtos View Post
[ignore this post]
Point and shame! POINT AND SHAAAAME!
Aaron is offline   #450 Reply With Quote