Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

EclecticGamer

Old December 7th, 2014, 01:34 PM
I haven't been able to find anything recent, but I may just suck at searching.

I'm interested in this for players to see what they've learned from a tablet or phone since they have those out for Pathfinder reference anyway but not laptops.
EclecticGamer is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Chemlak

Old December 7th, 2014, 01:47 PM
This is pure speculation in my part:

Web-based player view is one of the (if not the) next major hurdles for LWD. It's probably going to be a prime focus of upcoming development. Just don't forget that the content market and community repository are means for LWD to monetise RW, so they're hugely important, too.

On the plus side, it's a simple problem: turn all of our cloud-synced realms into pretty web sites.

Unfortunately, simple isn't the same as easy, and there's undoubtedly a heck of a lot that needs to happen in the background to make sure it works right.

And there's also all of the other "essential" features (calendars, journals, and export, I'm looking at you) that the survey will hopefully push front and centre into LWD's development plans.

So, since it was a selling-point, it's on the horizon, for sure. How far away it is, though, is something only LWD can really address.
Chemlak is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 9th, 2014, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemlak View Post
This is pure speculation in my part:

Web-based player view is one of the (if not the) next major hurdles for LWD. It's probably going to be a prime focus of upcoming development. Just don't forget that the content market and community repository are means for LWD to monetise RW, so they're hugely important, too.

On the plus side, it's a simple problem: turn all of our cloud-synced realms into pretty web sites.

Unfortunately, simple isn't the same as easy, and there's undoubtedly a heck of a lot that needs to happen in the background to make sure it works right.

And there's also all of the other "essential" features (calendars, journals, and export, I'm looking at you) that the survey will hopefully push front and centre into LWD's development plans.

So, since it was a selling-point, it's on the horizon, for sure. How far away it is, though, is something only LWD can really address.
That's a very good assessment.

EclecticGamer, web-based player view is a primary focus now that Player Edition is out the door. However, it's important to remember that our eventual goal is to expand Realm Works as a whole to the web, so we have to design and build the web-based player view with that vision in mind.
liz is offline   #3 Reply With Quote