Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

TobyFox2002

Old April 11th, 2017, 06:28 AM
Hello, out there and thank you all in advance for the assistance.

I am hoping there might be some people who can point me in the direction for help with the logic of a few things.

1) Could someone point me to a thread or explain a little of the logic of push/pull tags. How is a pulltag stored for use with a later pushtag. Is there a simple example without all kinds of extra code. I am working with cfg that that adds a domain to a hero, either attached to a race or a non-class. I have the spells down and calcuated properly. But the domain granted abilities are not being added to the hero because of ClSpecWhen. Lets say I wanted to take that from Hit Dice, or the combined levels in two seperate classes, etc.

2) Is there a way to only allow something to be added to the hero if two ore more sources were selected. Either through baked in mechanics or through scripts to show/hide elements.

3) I know we can append the descriptions and names of items, but is it possible to prepend the descriptions. For example prepend class descriptions or spell descriptions with specific text.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 11th, 2017, 08:57 AM
1) pulltags[] copies all of the indicated tags to whatever context ran that line of code.

pushtags copies all of the indicated tags from whatever is running that line of code to wherever you say to push them.

So they're stored in that location the same way assign[] would store a tag in a location.

2) use the containerreqs option, and write an expression that lists both sources, with an "&".

3) In post #5 of this thread: http://forums.wolflair.com/showthrea...ght=appenddesc is the code that the #appenddesc macro represents - take a look at that - see if you can modify it to put the new text at the beginning instead of the end.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 11th, 2017, 08:59 AM
1) Are you trying to create a full domain, with all of its scripts to run, and all of its domain powers, with their own scripts to run, with just tag assignments? Please explain more fully exactly what you mean here.
Mathias is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old April 11th, 2017, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
1) Are you trying to create a full domain, with all of its scripts to run, and all of its domain powers, with their own scripts to run, with just tag assignments? Please explain more fully exactly what you mean here.
Full domain access. Correct, including domain powers, spells/spell access etc. I have most of the work done though configuration tabs, I've gotten spells to show up and domains to be listed in the Custom Abilities. And when the custom abilities are added the spells show up at the proper level. The problem is domain granted powers are added to the character using the ClSpecWhen tags.

I want to be able to set that from either Hit Dice or in the case of a prestige domain from the total level of a base class plus the prestige class.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote