Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer 40,000

Notices

cryptoknight
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 4th, 2014, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonzord View Post
Are they really volunteers if we pay $40 to have the program? Does that make all the people working in microsoft volunteers because its a buy once use forever kind of product like army builder?

I think not.
Yes, they're volunteers... Just like I'm one of many volunteers maintaining the 4e ruleset for Herolab.

I have never received compensation for that. At one point I was a paid contributor to get the Shadowrun rulesset out, but that was very specific assigned work. They get nothing in terms of compensation, because if they did.. LW would then have employees maintaining data files for unlicensed games and would get their pants sued off by GW.

Working on Twilight 2000 4e HL System
cryptoknight is offline   #41 Reply With Quote
mk2

Old September 5th, 2014, 09:08 PM
I understand that gamesworkshop does not allow lone wolf to do the actual game files but what about the base structure of 7th edition? who works on that? The main software used when you plug in your game files?
mk2 is offline   #42 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 8th, 2014, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mk2 View Post
I understand that gamesworkshop does not allow lone wolf to do the actual game files but what about the base structure of 7th edition? who works on that? The main software used when you plug in your game files?
The base software is created by Lone Wolf. However, all 7th edition related work was created by the volunteer data file authors. Prepping for a new system requires a lot of work. That's why we're so grateful for the users that spend their time making the files available!
liz is offline   #43 Reply With Quote
jboweruk

Old September 9th, 2014, 01:36 PM
They've put up the 7th ed initial files; there's still stuff to iron out but from a quick play with it I think they've done a bloody good job so far.

Thanks to the volunteers who maintain the files; I know with GW release schedule lately it's been hard to keep up.

Good job guys; and thanks.
jboweruk is offline   #44 Reply With Quote
Wolfmamma

Old September 18th, 2014, 09:47 PM
I do not know where to report bug fixes for files, so I am posting here. The current 7th edition 40K file does not include Zhadsnark Da Rippa from IA 8 raid on Kastorel Novem. He is one of the few Ork Characters that is still legal and changes a unit from its current type to become a troop unit in a bound army list.

This is a very important thing, especially for those Ork players who want to design a themed Kult of Speed Army, and can no longer use Wazdakka Gutsmek. I have an Ork Army with 2 squads of 15 bikers, 5 Nobz bikers, Zhadsnark, a Mad Dok on Bike, Dakka Jet, and 15 Looterz in a Battlewagon.

I do not want to have to spend additional points to field a couple units of boyz in trukks just to have the minimum 2 troop units. In tournaments, they still allow his use. COuld we get this rectified?

Thabks.
Wolfmamma is offline   #45 Reply With Quote
Spack
Volunteer Data File Author

Old September 19th, 2014, 11:20 PM
As stated in the sticked post as the top of this forum here http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=46245 , the bug tracker is at http://www.ab40k.org/tracker.php

Dan

Dan
AB40k Site Admin
http://www.ab40k.org - home of the AB40k maintainers
Spack is offline   #46 Reply With Quote
Wolfmamma

Old November 6th, 2014, 09:03 PM
Thanks for updating to include Zhadsnark Da Rippa. I did notice that he has not been added in correctly however. In IA8, his rules allow Ork Bikerz to become troops if he is the Warlord. They have not changed the rules to state anything different.

Unless you know something about what FW have in their pipe works for him when they release the IA8 second Edition book sometime in the future. In which case update him so bikes are troops for now, as the book should not be out for atleast 1.5 to 2 years at their current release schedule. When it is updated, then altered rules to suit the then current rules for him.

It makes it hard to convince opponents that he still has that ability when you do not show it your updated rules. I have not seen rules on any of GWs, Forge Worlds or the Black Libraries websites (Errata or FAQs) to Nerf him.

Thanks.
Wolfmamma is offline   #47 Reply With Quote
Lord Lorne Walkier

Old December 29th, 2014, 02:08 AM
Wow just Wow! Great Job yall. This thing even has my Stormwing formation in it and updated IA2v2. You all Rock!
Lord Lorne Walkier is offline   #48 Reply With Quote
burad

Old December 31st, 2014, 03:29 PM
I just downloaded the latest 7th edition 40k data file. It does not seem to include anything from IA8. I clicked on 'Imperial Armor' in the rules and nothing is added. No Zhardsnark, no Gunwagons, etc. It also doesn't list flakka trakks anymore, nor Grot Tanks or Megatanks. Perhaps I missed something somwhere, since i had to download it to a different machine this time and transfer it over. ??
burad is offline   #49 Reply With Quote