Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

lortondm

Old March 26th, 2017, 12:14 PM
This will probably be regarded as several easy (or even dumb) questions but apologies for my ignorance. I ran some searches to try to find how to work with .stock files but nothing was readily popping up. Hence, these questions:

(a) How do import a *.stock file into Hero Lab?

(b) How do I ensure that a *.stock file's monsters, etc. are included within the Encounter Builder?

(c) If there's no way to add the contents of a *.stock file to the Encounter Builder, is there another way to access what's a *.stock file from the Hero Lab menus? I have learned from a net search that I can open a *.stock file by telling Windows to open the file with Hero Lab and then it opens like a normal *.por file with all of its contents visible. But I'm wondering if there is a way to avoid doing that and instead bring in contents from the *.stock file via the menu system.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide!
lortondm is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 26th, 2017, 12:24 PM
Stock files are just .por files, renamed to give them a new extension.

To find the folder the encounter builder uses, in the Tools menu, choose "Explore Folders", followed by "Game System Data Folder". Any .stock file placed into that folder will be added to the encounter builder. (Actually, any .por file in that folder will be used, too).
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
lortondm

Old March 26th, 2017, 12:32 PM
Hmm. I tried that too. I then tried to type in the name of a monster in the .stock file into the encounter builder but it didn't come up.
lortondm is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 26th, 2017, 12:42 PM
Double-check the folder you've put it in. Double-check the spelling you're searching for the monster using.

Also, make sure you close and restart the encounter builder after moving a new file in, so that it will get a chance to notice the file.
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
lortondm

Old March 26th, 2017, 12:42 PM
I fixed it. I put the .stock file in the wrong place. But it's now working. Thanks!
lortondm is offline   #5 Reply With Quote