Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

Silveras

Old March 16th, 2017, 06:50 AM
Hi,

I've emailed support with the crashlog, but wanted to mention this here.

It appears the latest executable, 8.0d, is breaking with my Game System that has multiple folders (Pathfinder). On accessing any of them directly, HeroLab crashes with a BAD READ error. I am able to access them by loading another Game System (that does not have multiple folders) first, then using "Switch Game System" to change to any of the Pathfnder variants.
Silveras is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Daijin

Old March 16th, 2017, 07:33 AM
After updating, I cannot even use Hero Lab

Hero Lab has encountered an error and needs to close. Sorry! To help us fix this error, please send the following to support@wolflair.com in a single email:

1) A description of what you were doing (unless you include this, we won't have enough information to fix your problem!)

2) This file:
C:\Users\daiji\Documents\Hero Lab\crashreports\Hero Lab-8.0d-669-20170316-102932.dmp

3) Finally, please copy and paste this information into the email (you can right-click this message to do so):

C:\Program Files (x86)\Hero Lab\HeroLab.exe 8.0d 669

major: 10, minor: 0, build: 14393, platform: 2, version: , spmaj: 0, spmin: 0, suitemask: 00000300, type: 1
ACCESS VIOLATION
Address: 0x0051c1be
Type: bad read

Sent In!
Daijin is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Dwayne

Old March 16th, 2017, 12:59 PM
I just sent mine in also. I can not use Pathfinder.
Dwayne is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Dwayne

Old March 16th, 2017, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveras View Post
Hi,

I've emailed support with the crashlog, but wanted to mention this here.

It appears the latest executable, 8.0d, is breaking with my Game System that has multiple folders (Pathfinder). On accessing any of them directly, HeroLab crashes with a BAD READ error. I am able to access them by loading another Game System (that does not have multiple folders) first, then using "Switch Game System" to change to any of the Pathfnder variants.
Mine is doing exactly the same thing.
Dwayne is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 16th, 2017, 01:48 PM
I'm working on this now - I've put Hero Lab 8.0c back up on the updates mechanism until I get a fix for this. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Colen is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old March 16th, 2017, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
I'm working on this now - I've put Hero Lab 8.0c back up on the updates mechanism until I get a fix for this. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Splendid! Thanks
Silveras is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 16th, 2017, 04:19 PM
I've been unable to reproduce the problem with my own copy of Pathfinder (which has multiple folders) - was the problem happening when you loaded Hero Lab then selected Pathfinder from the "select game" form? Or only when you launched it by double-clicking a Pathfinder portfolio, or loading one from Realm Works?
Colen is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Daijin

Old March 16th, 2017, 05:03 PM
In my case, it was running the file as admin, then when load pathfinder CRASH. (That is what I recall doing....)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
I've been unable to reproduce the problem with my own copy of Pathfinder (which has multiple folders) - was the problem happening when you loaded Hero Lab then selected Pathfinder from the "select game" form? Or only when you launched it by double-clicking a Pathfinder portfolio, or loading one from Realm Works?
Daijin is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Dwayne

Old March 16th, 2017, 05:19 PM
Herolab loaded fine but when I tried to load Pathfinder it crashed. Other games were fine. I also could load other games and switch game system and then load Pathfinder that way.
Dwayne is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old March 16th, 2017, 05:40 PM
I could reproduce it both by running directly and choosing any Pathfinder-based folder, or by launching from Realm Works and selecting Pathfinder.
Silveras is offline   #10 Reply With Quote