Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

athelu

Old March 8th, 2016, 04:02 PM
Hello all,
Been using hero lab for RPG sessions for a while and am a big fan of importing the enemies into the portfolio for tracking during combat. I just recently found out about the tactical console (from the newsletter) and that is a great help in round management.

One thing that I would LOVE however is the ability to apply heals or damage to multiple models - ideally by faction (ally or enemy). Right now combat comes to a crawl when I have to apply damage from an area effect spell, or when a cleric channels healing to the party.

Maybe I just overlooked something?
athelu is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old March 9th, 2016, 12:19 AM
You haven't overlooked something. You are right that there is no "bulk" entering of healing/damage. (At least this is the case for the Pathfinder data set.)
Farling is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
athelu

Old March 9th, 2016, 12:49 PM
Hrm. is there a wishlist forum for HL like there is for RealmWorks?
athelu is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old March 15th, 2016, 09:53 PM
There is also no bulk application of adjustments, which has, in the past, slowed my combats to a crawl. I just use the Tactical Console for round management, otherwise I record damage and effects on a spreadsheet outside of the Tactical Console, which is quick and dirty. It totals everything for me and I just add that in to what the Tactical Console displays to get final values. Been working pretty well for me and has sped up my combats dramatically.

At one point I was thinking about creating a third party tactical console that could read the hero XMLs, but there were quite a number of issues with my first implementation, and I wasn't saving much time with combats. So I ended up doing the spreadsheet route.
Kendall-DM is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
athelu

Old March 16th, 2016, 07:29 AM
yes. i do manage combat with hero lab, as the auto calculation for status effects and things is great.

A bulk apply would make this just about perfect.
athelu is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old March 21st, 2016, 06:07 PM
I used the tactical console once and was already trying to figure out how to do this. It really needs to be added for those situations where the caster goes Fireball crazy.
daplunk is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Mergon

Old March 31st, 2016, 03:30 PM
I used the Tactical console all the time with my Pathfinder campaigns. Now that the Encounter Builder console is functional, and the Community has added most of the missing monsters, I have started doing so with 5e.

I have to start adding the module monsters so I can use them also.

Watch your back, Conserve your ammo,
and NEVER cut a deal with a dragon!
Mergon is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Zenith

Old May 10th, 2016, 09:30 AM
Has there been any word on this? I manually make sure that Hero Lab is correct in terms of combat state, because I play online and I want to have all my data in a single place to make sure nothing gets misplaced between sessions in case we suddenly have to stop playing. I'd really like to be able to apply HP changes to multiple creatures (by shift or ctrl clicking) and also being able to call for saving throws from groups of NPCs quickly, especially when so many area of affects are in play, even at first level.
Zenith is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old May 16th, 2016, 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
Has there been any word on this? I manually make sure that Hero Lab is correct in terms of combat state, because I play online and I want to have all my data in a single place to make sure nothing gets misplaced between sessions in case we suddenly have to stop playing. I'd really like to be able to apply HP changes to multiple creatures (by shift or ctrl clicking) and also being able to call for saving throws from groups of NPCs quickly, especially when so many area of affects are in play, even at first level.
AFAIK, no development has taken place on this, nor do I think it is going to get done. I could be wrong, but I haven't heard a peep on anything remotely related to grouping modifications with the exception of initiatives.
Kendall-DM is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Merion

Old February 19th, 2017, 02:26 PM
Resurrecting on old thread here.

Any news on this? I'd love to see this, too!
I'm rather new to HL but I mainly use it to run encounters as it so neatly couples with Realm Works. I was surprised that the tactical console is missing such an obvious feature.
Merion is offline   #10 Reply With Quote