Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

TobyFox2002

Old March 26th, 2017, 09:20 AM
raRVTemCfg is the temporary name I was using (and never renamed) for the the universal special "Ravenloft Mechanics" that appears for EVERYONE. It is intentionally left without a source. Because I had received several requests to have it available to all game systems because of what it adds.

Specifically, advanced options for the Vampire, Lycanthrope, Ancient Dead (Mummy), and Golem races that make all of them more interesting. Ultimately, I would love to be able to silently bootstrap that to all characters and not have it show up on the character sheets as it doesnt effect anyone unless they pick one of the above mentioned races or templates.

Much like the enormously irritating, "Fire as She Bears" bootstrap from Frog God Games. This is one thing I have said I want to fix, but ultimately, I dont think it can be.

Now as for the unique id name... Yeah, I need to change that to something more descriptive, but since it is something that the user would never test and never add to the hero themselves. I didn't feel it mattered when I last pushed the last release.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #91 Reply With Quote
bodrin

Old March 26th, 2017, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TobyFox2002 View Post
Alright, if anyone else has this problem it is a result of a conflict between two feats. fConcFire and something else in a source book that has been added by paizo since the most recent update of the Dark Sun files.

You can correct this by renaming the feat to fConcFire1. I have no further details regarding this at this time.
I corrected this in the newest file set. Which has yet to be released.
However the feat which causes the problem is Concentrated Fire.

Dormio Forte Somnio

Community Created Resources :
Data Package Repositories :
d20pfsrd
Custom Character Sheets
Community Server Setup (Packs)

Hero Lab Help- Video Tutorials and Pathfinder FAQ

Created by the community for the community
bodrin is offline   #92 Reply With Quote
ErinRigh

Old March 26th, 2017, 05:08 PM
Hey, I am getting the following error after loading your Dark Sun import;

The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

The following errors occurred:

Preclude - Reference to non-existent thing 'cAlchemist'
Preclude - Reference to non-existent thing 'cCavalier'
Preclude - Reference to non-existent thing 'cGunsling'
Preclude - Reference to non-existent thing 'cInquisito'
Preclude - Reference to non-existent thing 'cMagus'
Preclude - Reference to non-existent thing 'cNinja'
Preclude - Reference to non-existent thing 'cOracle'
Preclude - Reference to non-existent thing 'cSamurai'
Preclude - Reference to non-existent thing 'cSummoner'
Preclude - Reference to non-existent thing 'cWitch'

any thoughts?
ErinRigh is offline   #93 Reply With Quote
Dwayne

Old March 26th, 2017, 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinRigh View Post
Hey, I am getting the following error after loading your Dark Sun import;

The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

The following errors occurred:

Preclude - Reference to non-existent thing 'cAlchemist'
Preclude - Reference to non-existent thing 'cCavalier'
Preclude - Reference to non-existent thing 'cGunsling'
Preclude - Reference to non-existent thing 'cInquisito'
Preclude - Reference to non-existent thing 'cMagus'
Preclude - Reference to non-existent thing 'cNinja'
Preclude - Reference to non-existent thing 'cOracle'
Preclude - Reference to non-existent thing 'cSamurai'
Preclude - Reference to non-existent thing 'cSummoner'
Preclude - Reference to non-existent thing 'cWitch'

any thoughts?
Do you own the Advanced Player's Guide, Ultimate Combat , and Ultimate Magic? You need them for those classes and if you don't own them you will get errors.

Last edited by Dwayne; March 26th, 2017 at 09:06 PM.
Dwayne is offline   #94 Reply With Quote
ErinRigh

Old March 27th, 2017, 03:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne View Post
Do you own the Advanced Player's Guide, Ultimate Combat , and Ultimate Magic? You need them for those classes and if you don't own them you will get errors.
No prob, I'll just buy them, but Toby really should list the dependancies
ErinRigh is offline   #95 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 27th, 2017, 11:29 AM
Quote:
To be clear you have to BUY those so that they can be Precluded. This means buy licensed books but when you turn on the Dark Sun source those classes are hidden and can not be accessed.

You would be better off opening the .user file in the editor and delete the entries on the *Preclude tab. This will remove the load error and prevent the need of having to buy books to just have them hidden.

Other than "Preclude" HL no longer has dependencies of requiring other licensed material. Colen removed this back about a year ago. This is why the Community Pack can be all in one even though it uses stuff from hundreds of licensed books.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #96 Reply With Quote
bodrin

Old March 28th, 2017, 09:03 AM
Quote:
If/When I get around to inputting any other stuff I'll remove the preclude class issues in the user files.

Otherwise the next update will override any edits which you undertake.

I'm currently unable to work on Dark Sun data as areal Life is hectic at the moment.

However I'll be starting a Pathfinder Dark Sun game very soon which means there will be more to add.👍

Dormio Forte Somnio

Community Created Resources :
Data Package Repositories :
d20pfsrd
Custom Character Sheets
Community Server Setup (Packs)

Hero Lab Help- Video Tutorials and Pathfinder FAQ

bodrin is offline   #97 Reply With Quote
DeltaMasterMind

Old March 28th, 2017, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodrin View Post
If/When I get around to inputting any other stuff I'll remove the preclude class issues in the user files.

However I'll be starting a Pathfinder Dark Sun game very soon which means there will be more to add.👍
@bodrin That sounds like excellent news!
DeltaMasterMind is offline   #98 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old March 29th, 2017, 02:43 PM
I am sorry about the class precludes. Those were left over from the person who created the files. I was unaware of the error conflicts. I will look into correcting this. (or bodrin will judging by the post.)

Is there a way to maintain the precludes while making it possible for people who do not possess the required datasets purchased.

Some of those should probably remain precluded, but not if it means there are people who cannot access the files.

Furthermore, is there any way I can check for these source related errors, even if I have purchased them. I have tried to use "Choose supplement packages.." from the development window. But removing all 3pp and purchased packages provides a number of errors that have nothing to do with source errors.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #99 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 29th, 2017, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Is there a way to maintain the precludes while making it possible for people who do not possess the required datasets purchased.
Not that I am aware of.

Quote:
Some of those should probably remain precluded, but not if it means there are people who cannot access the files.
Honestly I don't agree that you should decide that. Every game group plays different and if the DM of my group says I can play a Ninja or Witch why do you get to say otherwise?

If I am the DM I decide what is allowed not LW or Paizo. Its really easy for a player that is told in a Dark Sun campaign to ignore Witch or the whole APG book to turn off those sources in Configure Your Hero.

Please don't take the above badly. Not sure how it reads but just trying to say for a public/community resource I don't agree with removing options. And to me player characters are often the unique special snowflake of the game world. So having a PC witch in Darksun maybe exactly what is needed to tell a unique story.

Quote:
Furthermore, is there any way I can check for these source related errors, even if I have purchased them. I have tried to use "Choose supplement packages.." from the development window. But removing all 3pp and purchased packages provides a number of errors that have nothing to do with source errors.
When using this option you have to leave all the "Data" packages that have the word "Common" active. I also leave all the standard classes active as well. You can use the search box at the top of the window to find everything with "common".

Honestly though I no longer need to do this. Other than Preclude/Hidden HL will no longer fail to load just because you bootstrapped a Thing from a license a person does not own.

The only check I am always doing, which is not cost effective, is to have all licensed packages. Then I can test to make sure no "duplicate" Thing ID's happen. This is the only reason why I have every single Pathfinder package. Sometimes its nice to look up scripts. But trust me my group does not use every Pathfinder book.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #100 Reply With Quote