Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds

Notices

DragonValor8

Old February 8th, 2016, 06:34 AM
Hello there, Hero Lab community. I am working on a M&M 3rd Ed. portfolio and am endeavoring to add powers. I have purchased and installed the expansion pack for Power Profiles, yet cannot see the powers included in that book when I go to the "Powers" tab in Hero Lab. In specific, I am endeavoring to add the "Taser" offensive power found in the "Electricity Powers" chapter of the book in question. Yet, even when I select "Energy Control: Electricity" as a power for my character, I am not seeing the means of adding the "Taser" power. I am pretty sure that the same goes with the other powers and additional content available in the "Power Profiles" book.

Notwithstanding, I am guessing this is user error on my part, but I am just unsure as to which selection or option I should choose to make these powers available to the Hero Lab profile I am currently working on.

Any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated, including maybe steps to achieving activation of the "Power Profiles" pack and making these available while I am in a Hero Lab session.

Thank you for any and all information. All the best.

Dave Nolan
DragonValor8 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old February 8th, 2016, 03:47 PM
Have you checked it in the configure hero window? If not hit Control K and check it to activate it in the program.
Also, if for some reason you do not see it in the Configure hero window after buy purchasing the expansion. Did you reactivate your license? If not you will have to do that before the new data expansion will show up in your configure hero window. Just go to the license tab at the top 3rd from the right and reactivate your license and then go to the configure hero window and check mark it there and it should show up for you after that. Hope that helped. If you need anymore help, just ask.
jbearwillis is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
DragonValor8

Old February 8th, 2016, 07:00 PM
Hello there. Thank you very much for your response. The steps you mention above I have actually done and with no result. (See the attached graphics) Am I maybe not looking in the right spot in the application? I figured since they were power-related, I should be looking in the "Powers" tab, but maybe this is not the case. Any further ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Take care.

Dave
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2016-02-08 at 10.47.02 PM.png (196.3 KB, 2 views)
File Type: png Screen Shot 2016-02-08 at 10.50.29 PM.png (453.4 KB, 1 views)
DragonValor8 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old February 9th, 2016, 04:36 PM
Powers - Taser.png

It is there just go down to the "T's" in the powers tab. It is all ready made for you. Just pick it or Just type in Taser at the top of the powers tab
jbearwillis is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
DragonValor8

Old February 9th, 2016, 06:00 PM
Thanks so much for your continued support with this concern. Okay, some headway here. I was able to commence creation on a new hero and make the "Power Profiles" available, so I know that they are there. The only problem here is that, prior to adding the "Power Profiles" expansion to Hero Lab, I had begun creation of an M&M hero. When I open this hero's portfolio, the "Power Profiles" powers are not available. My question is "How do I make them available for this portfolio?" Even when I open Hero Lab on it's own and make sure the "Power Profiles" setting on the "Configure Your Hero" screen is checked, when I then click "Okay" and open my hero's portfolio, the "Power Profiles" powers are still not available.

As I have gone done the road quite a bit on the portfolio in question, I'd really like to not start from scratch again unless there are no other options. So, ultimately, I am wondering is it possible to access Hero Lab expansions from portfolio's that were initially created before the installation of said expansions. If it is, could you please let me know what the correct steps are to do this. If not, I guess I could output the original portfolio and gradually copy over the details.

Respond back at your earliest convenience and thanks again for your help in this endeavor.

Dave N.
DragonValor8 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old February 9th, 2016, 06:42 PM
On that hero, go into the configure hero window (Control - K) and check mark the power profile on that hero and then save the hero again. That should do it. From then on the powers from the power profile expansion will be turned on for that character. Any new add-on that you buy you must do that for old characters for the add-on to show up on them, because the add-ons are not automatically turned on for old saved character. Hope this helps, if you need anymore help, do not be afraid to ask.
jbearwillis is offline   #6 Reply With Quote