Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - World of Darkness

Notices

Kalean

Old December 25th, 2014, 05:32 PM
Hey there, I've recently started a Vampire game where my character has a bloodline from a non-core book, and since it looks like Pollution's user data files on the subjects aren't linked anywhere on the forum, I decided to start creating the bloodline in the editor myself.

The tutorial is super helpful, but I encountered a problem after defining favored disciplines for the bloodline. In this case, the bloodline's favored disciplines do not include one of the traditional parent Clan's disciplines: Celerity, replacing it with Vigor. But when I try to test the bloodline in-Lab, despite Vigor now working appropriately, Celerity is still starred as a favored discipline, and still only costs 5 XP per dot.

I apologize if I missed it in the tutorial somewhere, but I can't figure out how to get Celerity to be 'out of clan' when this bloodline is taken.

Last edited by Kalean; December 26th, 2014 at 08:06 AM. Reason: I accidentally a period.
Kalean is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 27th, 2014, 10:34 AM
You will need to run a script that removes the ClanFavor.dCelerity tag on the hero to get this to work. Traditionally speaking, bloodlines only add new disciplines, at least that's how the mechanic worked when the system was originally done.

You'll have to fiddle around with code's timing a bit but you want something like this
Code:
  perform hero.delete[ClanFavor.dCelerity]
Since the tag for favored disciplines goes directly to the hero. This should fix your problem once you get the timing on the script correct.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Bael the Cruel

Old December 29th, 2014, 06:28 AM
Actually, there were several bloodlines from the early days that removed a parent clan discipline. The Khaibit removed Obfuscate from the Mekhet. They replaced it with Obtenebration. It was rare, but it did happen.
Bael the Cruel is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 30th, 2014, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bael the Cruel View Post
Actually, there were several bloodlines from the early days that removed a parent clan discipline. The Khaibit removed Obfuscate from the Mekhet. They replaced it with Obtenebration. It was rare, but it did happen.
Well it is good to know this was a common thing, the method for dealing with Hero Lab remains unchanged. I know Lone Wolf hasn't put any work into these data files for many years now. While it would be great to have tags that remove things simply, the only way I know of to do it is with scripting code. Fortunately the World of Darkness core files are easy enough to work with that I can do this easily usually.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #4 Reply With Quote