Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

AsmodeusUltima

Old November 16th, 2017, 09:33 AM
Hello, and thank you for all your fine work!

I was wondering how difficult it would be to add or subtract sneak attack dice. My limited proficiency with the program has failed me thus far in figuring out how I might do this. If there is already a method then I would be very grateful if someone could point it out to me, and if not then please allow me to request it as an adjustment to be added in the future.

Thank you again!
AsmodeusUltima is offline   #1391 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old November 16th, 2017, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsmodeusUltima View Post
Hello, and thank you for all your fine work!

I was wondering how difficult it would be to add or subtract sneak attack dice. My limited proficiency with the program has failed me thus far in figuring out how I might do this. If there is already a method then I would be very grateful if someone could point it out to me, and if not then please allow me to request it as an adjustment to be added in the future.

Thank you again!
There is a Class ability: Values adjustment that can be used to do that.
Minous is offline   #1392 Reply With Quote
jrcchicago

Old November 16th, 2017, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Sorry I screwed up.

I have pushed a new fixed version of the iPad files out. Please download and overwrite v1.11 on the iPad and you should be good to go.
Wow, thank you for the quick turnaround - it works perfectly.
jrcchicago is offline   #1393 Reply With Quote
AsmodeusUltima

Old November 16th, 2017, 11:22 AM
@Minous: Thank you for your prompt reply! It was my own fault that I did not specify in my original inquiry: I would like to add sneak attack dice to a character that does not already have that feature, and therefore the Class Ability adjustment will not work in this case.
AsmodeusUltima is offline   #1394 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old November 16th, 2017, 11:35 AM
Quote:
@Minous: Thank you for your prompt reply! It was my own fault that I did not specify in my original inquiry: I would like to add sneak attack dice to a character that does not already have that feature, and therefore the Class Ability adjustment will not work in this case.
That would require you to use the editor to create a new archetype for the class that gives it sneak.
Minous is offline   #1395 Reply With Quote
catman123456

Old November 16th, 2017, 12:41 PM
For Dark Authority the text at least I just pasted it from the pdf.
Attached Images
File Type: gif fixed.gif (296.2 KB, 5 views)
catman123456 is offline   #1396 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 16th, 2017, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Assuming you have the Community Pack installed turn on the option "ShadowChemosh Adjustments". Then on the adjust tab add "Combat: Sneak Attack" from the "Conferred Ability Adjustments" section. Once added set the number of "Sneak Attack" dice using the counter (ie +2 means 2d6). Then on the "In-Play" tab for your character you have the ability to select the dice size (d4, d6, d8 defaults to d6) and the ability to turn on flanking or the sneak attack dice to get displayed on weapons.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #1397 Reply With Quote
LazarX

Old November 17th, 2017, 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Assuming you have the Community Pack installed turn on the option "ShadowChemosh Adjustments". Then on the adjust tab add "Combat: Sneak Attack" from the "Conferred Ability Adjustments" section. Once added set the number of "Sneak Attack" dice using the counter (ie +2 means 2d6). Then on the "In-Play" tab for your character you have the ability to select the dice size (d4, d6, d8 defaults to d6) and the ability to turn on flanking or the sneak attack dice to get displayed on weapons.

That will help in the utility of a certain Bard spell as well.
LazarX is offline   #1398 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 17th, 2017, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazarX View Post
That will help in the utility of a certain Bard spell as well.
I try to make the adjustments "generic" because it lets it solve many issues that can come up with spells, feats, and 3PP stuff.

The downside is sometimes it makes it harder for people to find the correct adjustment.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #1399 Reply With Quote
Frodie

Old November 19th, 2017, 06:02 AM
Shadow, quick question. Would it be easier for you if I combined all the modern files into one user file? IDK, either way is fine, just what works best for you.
Frodie is offline   #1400 Reply With Quote