Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

X4bT0rZ

Old December 21st, 2010, 11:36 AM
I am looking to create a number of feats for my group's Pathfinder game that we've appropriated in our house rules. We have just recently started using the Lone Wolf program and we really, really like it. However, I was hoping that there was a way for Hero Lab to allow us to incorporate some of our house feats. In particular, I want Hero Lab to calculate modifications to AC, attack bonuses, and damage bonuses. The feat I want to add is a modified verion of KOTOR's dueling feat:

Dueling
You are adept at using one-handed weapons.
Prerequisites: Dexterity 15
Benefit: When you wield any single one-handed weapon, you gain a +1 bonus to attack and damage rolls, as well as gain a +1 feat bonus to your AC. You may not have a weapon or shield equipped in your off-hand to gain the benefit of this feat. This feat also applies when fighting unarmed.

I was wondering if/how I can write the feat so that when a character is wielding an appropriate one-handed weapon the feat bonuses are automatically added to the stat blocks. I have the feat added to the feats list with the description already (I used the online tutorial, it was very helpful), but I don't know how to add in the relevant values so it adds in the bonuses I want.

I appreciate any and all help. Thank you all in advance.
X4bT0rZ is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
risner
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 21st, 2010, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by X4bT0rZ View Post
Prerequisites: Dexterity 15
Benefit: When you wield any single one-handed weapon, you gain a +1 bonus to attack and damage rolls, as well as gain a +1 feat bonus to your AC. You may not have a weapon or shield equipped in your off-hand to gain the benefit of this feat. This feat also applies when fighting unarmed.
Look at TWF for how to do Pre-Req Dex 15.

Look at Weapon Focus for how to do +1 attack.

Look at Composite Strength Bows to do +1 damage (maybe.)

Look at Dodge feat for how to do +1 to AC, but keep in mind "feat" bonus is not a valid (in the rules) type of AC bonus. Either look at making it an untyped "+ 1 bonus to AC", a dodge bonus "+1 dodge bonus to AC" which both stack with everything or making it a specific type (insight, luck, etc) which doesn't stack with others of the type.

You will need code to invalidate the config if you have something in the off hand. I can't think of an example of this, but maybe shields have code that does this?
risner is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old December 21st, 2010, 01:43 PM
The feat is very similar to Dervish Dance actually. So I started with its code and modified it around to match your feat. The below is called an "Eval Script" and on the feat their is a blue button (top right) marked Eval Scripts. Press that and then click on "Click to add another eval script".

Set the Phase: to "Post-attributes" and the Priority: to 21000. Index you can leave alone.

Then in the SCRIPT: section you can paste the following:
Code:
~Post-attributes 21,000

~ If shield equipped then get out 
doneif (hero.tagis[Hero.EquipShld] <> 0)

~ If we have something equipped other than main hand get out
doneif (hero.tagis[Hero.EquipMain] <> 1)

~ If we are using a weapon two-handed or have a off-weapon get out
doneif (hero.tagis[Hero.EquipOff] = 1)

~ Give a +1 bonus to our AC
~ Their is NO Feat Bonus type so I used the generic field here.
~ If you need a specific bonus type I recommend using BonAlch
hero.child[ArmorClass].field[Bonus].value += 1

~ Give +1 H/D to unarmed strike
hero.child[wUnarmed].field[wAttBonus].value += 1
hero.child[wUnarmed].field[wDamBonus].value += 1

~ Give a +1 bonus to hit and dmg to all one-handed weapons
foreach pick in hero from BaseWep where "wClass.OneHanded"
   eachpick.field[wAttBonus].value += 1
   eachpick.field[wDamBonus].value += 1
nexteach
Once that is in press OK, then press SAVE (bottom left), and then press Test Now! at the top left. Once it finishes compiling it it will say it is now usable and you can go try it out.

Any line that starts with ~ is actually a comment and hopefully that will help you understand what and how the script is working.

Hope that helps.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
X4bT0rZ

Old December 21st, 2010, 04:39 PM
First, thank you both for your replies. They are much appreciated.

risner --
I don't understand how to look at any of those feats for the necessary code?

ShadowChemosh --
The feat does not seem to recognize when one-handed weapons are equipped. I take it that this is because the design of the feat isn't such that you don't pick what one-handed weapon you specialize in, but is applicable to all one-handed weapons?

So should I do something more like the unarmed strike code?
X4bT0rZ is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
X4bT0rZ

Old December 21st, 2010, 04:42 PM
Oh, I spoke too soon, risner. I figured out how to look at the various feats that way. Whoops. Sorry.
X4bT0rZ is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old December 21st, 2010, 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by X4bT0rZ View Post
ShadowChemosh --
The feat does not seem to recognize when one-handed weapons are equipped. I take it that this is because the design of the feat isn't such that you don't pick what one-handed weapon you specialize in, but is applicable to all one-handed weapons?
Just to make sure we are on the same page, but one-handed weapons are not things like daggers. Daggers are Light weapons actually. So the feat only reads and applies to One-handed weapons(ie battleaxe or longsword).

I did test the feat before posting and it was working for me, but was not by design doing things like daggers.

If we are on the same page already then I am not sure by what you mean it doesn't recognize one-handed weapons. Or at least it does over here on my side.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
ProphetPX

Send a message via Skype™ to ProphetPX

Old November 14th, 2015, 01:54 PM
PLEASE tell or show me how to code this feat? "Pyro"
http://alcyius.com/dndtools/feats/so...311/index.html

I have ABSOLUTELY NO idea of what i am doing and THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO Script Reference book or guide ANYWHERE on the internet (i've been looking, and all i can see are just STUPID bits and pieces of tutorials on a few things here or a few things there but NO SYSTEMATIC LAYOUT of EVERYTHING!!!!

SORRY I AM EXTREMELY FRUSTRATED!!!!!!
WHY IS THERE NO COMPLETE SCRIPT CODE reference for Hero Lab?
AT LEAST for Pathfinder? (that is the system i want to code in and nothing else)
ProphetPX is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old November 14th, 2015, 01:58 PM
The ability looks to be text only really. Just copy it into a new feat and give a summary that "+1 dmg/die for fire dmg, and +5 to DCs".

You learn the stuff like everyone else. Read the FAQ and Tutorials in Shadow's signature and copy similar items and see how they work.
AndrewD2 is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old November 15th, 2015, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetPX View Post
PLEASE tell or show me how to code this feat? "Pyro"
http://alcyius.com/dndtools/feats/so...311/index.html

I have ABSOLUTELY NO idea of what i am doing and THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO Script Reference book or guide ANYWHERE on the internet (i've been looking, and all i can see are just STUPID bits and pieces of tutorials on a few things here or a few things there but NO SYSTEMATIC LAYOUT of EVERYTHING!!!!

SORRY I AM EXTREMELY FRUSTRATED!!!!!!
WHY IS THERE NO COMPLETE SCRIPT CODE reference for Hero Lab?
AT LEAST for Pathfinder? (that is the system i want to code in and nothing else)
I agree with AndrewD2, reading the description you linked I believe this would be just text. No scripts required because it interacts with things HL doesn't track.

I'm sorry you're frustrated, but I don't believe there is a systemic layout of everything for you to find. From the fact that you're looking for one, I would guess you're someone who is familiar with coding in other contexts. If that's the case, then perhaps the "intro to using the editor" seminar videos we have on our youtube channel would be too low level for you, but you might check them out anyway. We also have a wiki (though it is more aimed at creating new game systems through the Authoring Kit).

Hero Lab isn't too tough to pick up if you're willing to copy and study existing examples. Loads of people have figured out how to get what they want from the program from doing just that and asking for clarification on the forums when they need help. Including me. I don't have any formal training in computer science, and if I can figure things out, I am sure anyone can.

So, if you're hitting a trouble spot, and you'd like help with something specific, please start a thread. Hope that helps!
Aaron is offline   #9 Reply With Quote