Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Quintain

Old November 12th, 2015, 08:35 PM
I can't seem to find any example in the current class ability set for Ultimate Psionics that helpls me, but what I'm looking for is a way to add a specific power to the powers known list.

There are a few examples that need this implemented:

Elocator: Transporter ability -- this switches the level of the power itself
Body Snatcher: Body Thief ability (gains mind switch @ 1st level)
Metamorph: adds Metamorphosis, Major @ 6th level.
Thrallherd: adds empathic connection @ 3rd level.

The adjustment uses a query as such, but doesn't give any hint as to how to do it with a specific power.
Quintain is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old November 13th, 2015, 12:33 AM
If the ability allows selection between a list of powers, the way we've handled this in the past is to have the user select the spell/power in a chooser on the class ability, add a slot of the chosen spell's level (if this is a "spells known" class like the sorcerer), and then have an eval rule complain if the user has not added the chosen spell to the class the ability is associated with.

If the spell added is a specific one, and the user has no choice, just bootstrap it with tags that make it apply to the class in question, and a bootstrap condition so it doesn't get added too early.
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Quintain

Old November 13th, 2015, 09:34 AM
Do you have a class that does this that I can use as an example: bootstrapping a non-choice specific psionic power?

Also, bootstrapping the power to the ability seems to add it as a psi-like power -- which is incorrect.

Last edited by Quintain; November 13th, 2015 at 09:40 AM.
Quintain is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old November 13th, 2015, 10:28 AM
I don't have any examples for psionic anything, but spells are close. Look at Elven Arcana (a class ability of the Ancient Lorekeeper archetype).

For the other question: you'd need to bootstrap it with some tags to associate it with the correct class, similar to how witch patrons do.
Aaron is offline   #4 Reply With Quote