Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

falcarrion

Old August 21st, 2007, 02:44 PM
I just installed HL after purchasing it at Gen con.
When I hit the view manual button i get the following message.

"launching d20 system menu requires a properly installed web browser such as internet explorer or netscape navigator"
I am using intrenet explorer.
Thanks,
Matt
:cry:
falcarrion is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 23rd, 2007, 01:30 AM
At 03:44 PM 8/21/2007, you wrote:
Quote:
I just installed HL after purchasing it at Gen con.
When I hit the view manual button i get the following message.

"launching d20 system menu requires a properly installed web browser such as internet explorer or netscape navigator"
I am using intrenet explorer.
That error means that IE is not properly configured to automatically open all HTML pages. All Hero Lab does is tell Windows "open the file 'd20manual.htm' using whatever program is configured for that purpose". Since a file with a ".htm" extension is a standard web page, IE should be launched. So it appears that IE is not configured correctly.

The easiest solution is to first open Windows Explorer. Navigate to the directory where Hero Lab is installed ("c:herolab" by default). Then go into the "data" directory beneath. Then go into the "d20" directory beneath that. Right-click on the file "d20manual.htm". Select the "Open With..." option, then select "Choose Program". When the selection dialog appears, check the box near the bottom that says to always use the selected program to open files of this type. Then click on Internet Explorer and then OK.

This should launch IE with the manual. Thereafter, IE should be used automatically whenever you try to open a file with a ".htm" extension. This includes all subsequent attempts to open the manual.

Hope this helps....
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
falcarrion

Old August 23rd, 2007, 06:25 PM
thanks that worked !
much apreciated.
Matt
falcarrion is offline   #3 Reply With Quote