Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

KosherInfidel

Old October 30th, 2012, 04:01 AM
Title says it all. Purchased on Sunday...
KosherInfidel is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 30th, 2012, 12:48 PM
You can use the product immediately after purchase. Obviously, something has gone wrong for you, but the complete lack of any more information to go on makes it impossible for me to even guess at what went sideways, so I'm unable to point you in the right direction.

Please provide details about what steps you've taken, what results you expected, and what actually occurred. Armed with that, we can try to figure out where things went wrong for you and get things sorted out.

Thanks!
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
KosherInfidel

Old October 30th, 2012, 12:50 PM
I never received my license code, sorry, should have indicated that.
KosherInfidel is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 30th, 2012, 01:07 PM
Ah! The license code is emailed immediately at the completion of the order. If you didn't receive it, there are two likely explanations. One possibility is that the email was flagged as spam by your spam filter and got shoved into a spam folder somewhere. The second possibility is that there was an inadvertent typo in your email address, so it got sent to the wrong address and bounced.

The first possibility is most likely, so please check your spam folder for the email. It's critical you check this first, since any attempt on our part to resend your license email will get swallowed by your spam filter again if that's the source of the problem.

If you can't find the email in your spam folder, please send an email to support@wolflair.com. Please include your order number if you have it. Also include your name, the approximate time of the order, and your email address. Armed with that info, we can check things on our end and figure out what went wrong. If there was a typo in the email address, we can fix it and resend the license email to the correct address.

Hope this helps!
rob is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
KosherInfidel

Old October 30th, 2012, 01:15 PM
No spam here...ahhh...damn, no order confirmation either. E-mail to support outgoing now, thanks Rob.
KosherInfidel is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
KosherInfidel

Old October 30th, 2012, 01:59 PM
I should also note, that my old license would show up connected to my e-mail, but no other license would. Now, no license shows up at all.
KosherInfidel is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 30th, 2012, 03:06 PM
Huh?!?! What do you mean by "my old license"? Now I'm completely confused.

The lack of information in your earlier posts led me to believe you purchased your first Hero Lab license on Sunday and you weren't familiar with how things worked with our products. This latest post about an "old license" seems to contradict things.

Could you please provide *detailed* information, including background info about what licenses you've purchased previously and what exactly you were purchasing this time around? I desperately need more information to be able to give you an accurate response here.
rob is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
KosherInfidel

Old October 30th, 2012, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
Huh?!?! What do you mean by "my old license"? Now I'm completely confused.

The lack of information in your earlier posts led me to believe you purchased your first Hero Lab license on Sunday and you weren't familiar with how things worked with our products. This latest post about an "old license" seems to contradict things.

Could you please provide *detailed* information, including background info about what licenses you've purchased previously and what exactly you were purchasing this time around? I desperately need more information to be able to give you an accurate response here.
Sure. I purchased hero lab in January of this year, for use in d&d4e. I was very dissatisfied with the product, so was given a refund. I recently begun to be heavily involved with pathfinder, so I decided to give hero lab one more try, ass it's reputation under that system is legend.

On Sunday, I made the purchase and got no license. Pat experience with lone wolf, while positive, I also knew you guys moved kind of slow on weekends and there was a hurricane to boot. I also thought maybe I could just recover the license since they attach to email addresses. When I did that, the old, expired license came up. Now, that same process indicates no license is attached to my email.

I just want my license so that I can activate it for pathfinder andstart buying the add-ons.

Hope that clarifies the situation
KosherInfidel is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 30th, 2012, 04:29 PM
Yes, that helps a whole bunch in understanding, so thanks!

It dawned on me that I could look up your email address from your account here on the forums. When I searched our order records, I found your purchase back in January. However, I did not find any purchase after that. That made sense if there was a typo in the email address this time around.

So I did a search through our order records for Saturday through Monday. I couldn't find a single order that looked vaguely like it could be yours. I looked for last name matches, which I pulled from your January order, and came up with nothing. I looked for matches on a few characters out of the email address, but came up with nothing. I finally did a manual search of the database and found nothing that looked close.

As far as I can tell, there is nothing that looks like a purchase using either your last name or a typo'd version of your email address. At this point, I have to ask... Are you certain you purchased directly from us and not from another retailer?

Assuming you purchased from us, did you by any chance write down the order number from your purchase? It was displayed on the confirmation screen at the end. Failing that, I'll need you to give me the name and address you used on the order, as well as the approximate time on Sunday when you placed the order. Then I can do another manual search for a match.

Note that the search I did *included* failed orders, which can occur if a card is declined or an address or security code check fails. There were no failed orders that matched your details either, as far as I could find.

Please send the above information to me via private email. Send it to rob (at) wolflair (dot) com. Then I can investigate further.

Thanks!
rob is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
KosherInfidel

Old October 30th, 2012, 04:46 PM
Alright, it looks as if I may have to ea crow on this. I purchased it via my ipad, but ater looking ove banking statements, nothing went through. Well, damn. I would have put serious money down on having seen a confirmation page. I do apologize, and thank you or taking time for this. Embarrassed, but i can rest easy a least.
KosherInfidel is offline   #10 Reply With Quote