Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

segnett

Old September 19th, 2007, 04:54 PM
Here goes, some of these are mine, and some are questions I've found on other forums that are worthy of asking:

1. customisable skins for their products: will it be possible to change the blue/white skin of the program?

2. random NPC generator automatically: It would be nice to be able to randomly generate npc's automatically rather than having to go through the whole character creation process everytime you need one. This may fall underneath the GM tools stuff I've heard about.

3. Speaking of GM tools, can you give us an idea (or a link if you've already said it before) of what will be included in the GM tools upgrade?

4. def want the character image to go on the sheet, not really a question just wanna put this one back out there again cause it'd be cool to choose whether or not you had a Character Portrait on the PC sheet.

5. price per system, any ideas? are they all going to be $30 like the intro program bundled with the prelim data files? I know they'll prob vary from publisher to publisher, but a lot of us are on a budget and will prob want a few data file sets, so it'd be nice to know before hand what kind of price range we're talking about.

That's all for now. I'm honestly stoked about Hero Lab and all the game systems it is and will service. Thanks guys!!
segnett is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 24th, 2007, 11:42 AM
segnett wrote:
>
>
> Here goes, some of these are mine, and some are questions I've found on
> other forums that are worthy of asking:
>
> 1. customisable skins for their products: will it be possible to change
> the blue/white skin of the program?

Different games will have different "skins" - if you load the World of
Darkness game system, you'll see that its look and feel is quite
different to the d20 system.

There are no near-term plans to allow user-configurable skins for Hero
Lab - you'd need to create a *lot* of artwork to make your new skin look
good, since the current controls assume a dark-blue background and won't
look good on other colors. However, we'll be doing what we can to make
this possible in future releases.

> 2. random NPC generator automatically: It would be nice to be able to
> randomly generate npc's automatically rather than having to go through
> the whole character creation process everytime you need one. This may
> fall underneath the GM tools stuff I've heard about.

Indeed, this is something that will be added to our upcoming DM tools at
some point.

> 3. Speaking of GM tools, can you give us an idea (or a link if you've
> already said it before) of what will be included in the GM tools upgrade?

You can find details on this by going to http://www.wolflair.com/ and
scrolling a few news items down - the details are in the "Campaign R&D
Expansions coming for Hero Lab" news item.

> 4. def want the character image to go on the sheet, not really a
> question just wanna put this one back out there again cause it'd be cool
> to choose whether or not you had a Character Portrait on the PC sheet.

This one is definitely on our list.

> 5. price per system, any ideas? are they all going to be $30 like the
> intro program bundled with the prelim data files? I know they'll prob
> vary from publisher to publisher, but a lot of us are on a budget and
> will prob want a few data file sets, so it'd be nice to know before hand
> what kind of price range we're talking about.

When you buy your initial Hero Lab, the $30 will cover the cost of the
program and one game. Buying a second game will be less expensive - we
haven't finalized the prices yet, but there will definitely be a
discount of some amount for your second and subsequent games.

Hope this helps,

--
Colen McAlister, colen@wolflair.com
Chief Engineer, Lone Wolf Development
Colen is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
warden54

Old November 19th, 2007, 09:01 PM
I figured this was as good a place as any I could find for a wish list for forthcoming updates and the like. Going through and really abusing the power of adding journal entries ( ) I realized it's all kind of slapped together. I'd really like it if I could catalog certain journal entries into "chapters" like in a book. I realize now I have about 10 journal entries that make the whole thing look a bit cluttered, I just think it would be nice if we could organize lots of journal entries into categories for different story arcs and such. Oh, and the program is a dream come true btw, I never have to scramble to find my charry sheet the day before the big game anymore, so thanks again for the work you all have put into this =)
warden54 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 22nd, 2007, 01:35 PM
At 10:02 PM 11/19/2007, you wrote:
Quote:
I figured this was as good a place as any I could find for a wish list for forthcoming updates and the like. Going through and really abusing the power of adding journal entries ( [img]./modules/mdforum/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] ) I realized it's all kind of slapped together. I'd really like it if I could catalog certain journal entries into "chapters" like in a book. I realize now I have about 10 journal entries that make the whole thing look a bit cluttered, I just think it would be nice if we could organize lots of journal entries into categories for different story arcs and such. Oh, and the program is a dream come true btw, I never have to scramble to find my charry sheet the day before the big game anymore, so thanks again for the work you all have put into this =)
This is already on the todo list and it's one of the things I REALLY want to get added. I've got it all mapped out and designed. It just needs to be implemented in the engine, then Colen can make it all look good and intuitive to use in the UI. It will be a lot more than just the notions of chapters and story arcs. :-)
rob is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Jamz

Old November 12th, 2012, 06:24 PM
1. Has there ever been any progress on user configurable skins? I've been using HL via a RDP RemoteApp on my Android tablet (until there's a real app to buy!) and thought if I could just get some of the buttons a little bigger, it would be easier to use. That and a +/- button(s) for health would be great to (having to type in damage is a pita having to bring up a soft keyboard).

But otherwise, I'm really liking going digital with my character and having the ability to turn on/off buff/condition affects. I can't wait for a HL designed for a tablet!

2. As for another request, is there any thought/possibility to having the ability to "plan" a character out better? What I mean is I have several characters, and for each character I like to plan out the at least the next level if not several levels. The only way to do that now is creating "copies". But then you level, you can't use "Doorzon - Level 7" because between creating the level 7 copy and now he has new gear, magic items, spells, journal entries. So I have to "recreate" him again going back and forth looking at choices I made.

It would be great if you could create the level, snap shot it or something, create next, etc, then, say, only show the level for what you have XP for (ie current level). When you get enough XP, it shows your next level with skills, feats, spells, etc choosen.

-Jamz

RPTools.net | MapTool Discord Invite

Download Latest MapTool Release | Download Latest TokenTool Release
Jamz is offline   #5 Reply With Quote