Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

daplunk

Old October 23rd, 2017, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidhc O Casain View Post
Doesn't that all by itself say that they're not planning to go web-only or to sell it exclusively as a service? Maybe I misunderstand...
I don't think they will go web only. I think it will be an option once the web view comes out.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #121 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old October 23rd, 2017, 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acenoid View Post
I would have nothing against paid MAJOR upgrades though. And if you upgrade / use the latest version you'll get a minimum cloud service on top (that would be amazing).

With one major version say every 1-2 years it is almost like a subscription, but:
a) I can still use the program if i dont upgrade
b) I support the company and they support me because they have an incentive to deliver features we all want
There are things I'd be willing to pay for as add on modules, I'd be willing to pay to support simply adding an API so 3rd party and amateur programmers could add on to RW. I'd even be willing to support a Kickstarter for that once the KS stretch goals are finally delivered.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #122 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old October 23rd, 2017, 06:09 PM
I'b be willing to bet Rob will never do another Kickstarter again

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #123 Reply With Quote
Grey Mage

Old October 23rd, 2017, 07:49 PM
I had the same thought a couple of years back...
Grey Mage is offline   #124 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old October 24th, 2017, 10:55 AM
Heh, yes that might be true. But also a lot of lessons were learned. So who knows

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #125 Reply With Quote
Greebo

Old October 24th, 2017, 11:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acenoid View Post
I would have nothing against paid MAJOR upgrades though. And if you upgrade / use the latest version you'll get a minimum cloud service on top (that would be amazing).

With one major version say every 1-2 years it is almost like a subscription, but:
a) I can still use the program if i dont upgrade
b) I support the company and they support me because they have an incentive to deliver features we all want
Sounds fine by me, if the pricing is not to high. Actually, Profantasy does something very similar with the Cartoghrapher's Annual, which I subscribe to each time again, even though I only use some of the Annuals.

Supporting Calendar Campaigner

Tools: Realm Works, Campaign Cartographer 3+ and Add-ons, MapTools
Games: home brew world, Lord of the Rings (CODA), Shadowrun, Earthdawn

Last edited by Greebo; October 24th, 2017 at 11:35 PM. Reason: small addition
Greebo is offline   #126 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old October 25th, 2017, 05:10 AM
Personally, I'd rather they use the same model as they do with HL. I'll happily pay for content - I expect the CM will get quite a lot of my "mad money" budget, just like HL gets a chunk of my budget for their added content.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #127 Reply With Quote
NeoEvaX

Old November 26th, 2017, 03:47 PM
First of all, I hope the holiday weekend went well for everyone. Everyone needs a bit of a break.

I know that the process of releasing a new big enhancement to any application is tricky, and crazy time consuming, so please take what I am going to say without any frustration or rush.

I am curious if there has been any update on the content market. I am going to start up DMing Rise of the Runelords at the beginning of January, and I would love to use Realm Works along with the Runelords content.

I remember reading there was a bit of a delay due to data input not happening by someone and maybe an issue with a connection/API, etc etc. All of which is fine.

So I guess my question is. If I were to start my Runelords game January 1st. Should I wait a bit? Or should I start inputting the early adventure into my own Runelords Realm? I know "official" word on release date might not be something you wish to put forward, just looking for hint on if I should put some effort into starting my own conversion of Runelords in the next month.
NeoEvaX is offline   #128 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old November 26th, 2017, 04:30 PM
Were I in your shoes, I would not invest any dependence on content being released until it's actually released. If your goal is to start on January 1st, then do what you have to do to make sure you're prepared. If you would rather not do your own prep, then the content will be released when it's released.

I'm not trying to be critical or negative when I say that many deadlines have been missed, just pointing out the reality of the situation in the context of your question. If you have a scheduled start date, then make sure you're prepared.
EightBitz is offline   #129 Reply With Quote
NeoEvaX

Old November 26th, 2017, 07:26 PM
I know you are right. I have been putting off making a "master" realm with a ton of data input. I wanted to just throw some money at it and make my life a bit easier.

I am really hoping the content market gets done soon, but I will continue to prepare as best I can. Maybe I should just start doing my own Data input and hope my work becomes irrelevant. If anything copying the data would be a good way to study the Adventure and the world a bit more.
NeoEvaX is offline   #130 Reply With Quote