Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - 4th Edition
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

DMayhew469

Old October 23rd, 2011, 05:01 PM
I am getting the following error when opening all of portfolios now.

Errors were encountered when loading the saved portfolio! A record of these errors can be found in the file "C:\Users\david\AppData\Local\Temp\hero_lab_load_i ssues.log". If you notice incorrect behaviors in your portfolio, please report it to the data file authors (you can contact them from the Help menu).

Critical information not found in data files: Source 'H2 Thunderspire Labyrinth'
DMayhew469 is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
stsparks72

Old October 24th, 2011, 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMayhew469 View Post

Errors were encountered when loading the saved portfolio! A record of these errors can be found in the file "C:\Users\david\AppData\Local\Temp\hero_lab_load_i ssues.log". If you notice incorrect behaviors in your portfolio, please report it to the data file authors (you can contact them from the Help menu).

Critical information not found in data files: Source 'H2 Thunderspire Labyrinth'
I can confirm that. It started happening to me right after I updated my data through the DDIdownloader two days ago. I fixed the issue by recreating my character from the ground up (basically making a new character). Once I did that I no longer got the error message. However it was a pain in the rear because I had a bunch of Story Awards listed under the RPGA tab.

In addition I have started to experience another issue when I go to the Magic Items tab and try to add an item the list will not let me search or scroll. As soon as I attempt to do either the program freezes up and I have to shut it down. Again, none of this started happening until the other day after I used the DDIdownloader. It should also be noted that while using the DDIdownloader it experienced a couple errors while trying to download. I selected the option to try and download the missing info again but it failed repeatedly so eventually I skipped it. Since it had those download errors I used DDIdownloader to update my files again last night and the exact same errors occurred at the exact same spot in the download sequence. Lastly, a friend of mine followed my lead and is having the exact same issues I am describing above. So I know it has nothing to do with my PC. I suspect all of this has something to do with consistent error being received while trying to update my data using DDIdownloader.

Please help.
stsparks72 is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Bluedragon_28

Old October 25th, 2011, 08:19 AM
The DDIupdater is just giving ! marks when downloading deites and anything there after. I let it run for 3 day and it never finished.
Bluedragon_28 is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
tjbateson

Old October 27th, 2011, 07:02 AM
Did Wizards break the downloader again?
I specifically bought HL for use with 4e, and have a game on Sunday that I want to try this application on for the first time. Unfortunately due the same download errors being reported above, I'm afraid I may have to look at an alternative approach

I am specifically having issues adding items on the Magic tab, where I encounter the same problems as reported by stsparks72. Most likely this is linked to the records that fail to download from the DDIDownLoader.
tjbateson is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 31st, 2011, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMayhew469 View Post

This is because the "Thunderspire Labyrinth" source was removed by Wizards, for reasons unknown. As a result, Hero Lab gets worried when it loads a file and finds a source it doesn't know about. You don't need to worry unless you actually used an entry from that supplement.
Colen is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 31st, 2011, 11:09 AM
Other questions: The Bladesinger is on the list of things to add as soon as I can, but unfortunately new classes need a lot of work to get working with the downloader, especially classes in the new "Essentials" style that Wizards have been using recently.

The magic items problem is due to some very long descriptions, which I'm addressing right now. There should be an update out shortly that fixes this.
Colen is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 31st, 2011, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluedragon_28 View Post
The DDIupdater is just giving ! marks when downloading deites and anything there after. I let it run for 3 day and it never finished.
! means that the downloader couldn't download any of the files from the compendium for some reason. What do you see if you go to the compendium and try to view the record of any of the deities there?

http://www.wizards.com/dndinsider/co.../database.aspx
Colen is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
chaos_co

Old November 4th, 2011, 02:23 AM
Finished the import with the same error, I went ahead and skipped them.
Seems like it was a bad idea, getting Hero Lab to crash whenever I look at the magic items.
Trying the download again, not finished yet but I'm already seeing lots of "!" errors.

Update:
No dice, same errors.

Last edited by chaos_co; November 4th, 2011 at 09:13 AM.
chaos_co is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
tjbateson

Old November 5th, 2011, 11:59 AM
I've been trying the same thing, and I get reports of two errors in the items data. When trying to add items it crashes the application.
tjbateson is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
chaos_co

Old November 6th, 2011, 02:29 AM
Tried to re-install the update and deleted the old data to try to fix it, no luck there.
Even skipping it is not a option as trying to get any magic items with those two items missing crashes the program.
chaos_co is offline   #20 Reply With Quote