Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

sablevarg

Old May 3rd, 2013, 10:30 PM
Thank you all! This forum has been incredibly helpful!
I'm going to ask my last two questions, this should keep me going for a while

1) to finish off my Jack Of All Trades feat - how can I get the trained only skills to be considered not trained only. I can find the tag 'Helper.TrainOnly' on the skills, but I can't seem to find a way to make the program set the tag value to 0 (assuming that's whet needs to be done). Please help, I've been reading error messages for a several hours these last couple days.

2) I don't know if I'm missing a setting, but I would like to list a little note with my non-standard feats to help the players remember everything they do (Ex: My Area Of Expertise feat gives a +2 on Gather Information when used to find info regarding their Area). The 'show Feat/Ability Description' tab gives the whole text description, even if there's something in the text summery. I don't want to take away the whole description to put in a short 'reminder' that would print on the character sheet. (& I don't think the players need a description of 'Light Armor Proficiency').
Is there a way to get the scripts to print just a few lines of text when it prints a character sheet?
I'm sure this has an easy answer but I can't seem to find it.

P.S. don't go on to the internet looking for answer on how to get script to print something out when it runs... anybody who answers will want you to go through a twenty-seven step process that apparently includes rotating your car tires, reformatting your computer, & doing back-flips... it's gotta be easier than what they say needs to be done!
sablevarg is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old May 4th, 2013, 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sablevarg View Post
Thank you all! This forum has been incredibly helpful!
I'm going to ask my last two questions, this should keep me going for a while

1) to finish off my Jack Of All Trades feat - how can I get the trained only skills to be considered not trained only. I can find the tag 'Helper.TrainOnly' on the skills, but I can't seem to find a way to make the program set the tag value to 0 (assuming that's whet needs to be done). Please help, I've been reading error messages for a several hours these last couple days.

2) I don't know if I'm missing a setting, but I would like to list a little note with my non-standard feats to help the players remember everything they do (Ex: My Area Of Expertise feat gives a +2 on Gather Information when used to find info regarding their Area). The 'show Feat/Ability Description' tab gives the whole text description, even if there's something in the text summery. I don't want to take away the whole description to put in a short 'reminder' that would print on the character sheet. (& I don't think the players need a description of 'Light Armor Proficiency').
Is there a way to get the scripts to print just a few lines of text when it prints a character sheet?
I'm sure this has an easy answer but I can't seem to find it.

P.S. don't go on to the internet looking for answer on how to get script to print something out when it runs... anybody who answers will want you to go through a twenty-seven step process that apparently includes rotating your car tires, reformatting your computer, & doing back-flips... it's gotta be easier than what they say needs to be done!
1) Is this the same Jack of All Trades from Complete Adventurer? If so, I believe this is already done in the community set. If not, I'll take a look on monday.

2) There are ways to do custom sheets. Unfortunately, it is not my area of expertise. I imagine there is a way to use that to produce only the short description rather than the long, but someone with more knowledge of xml would have to answer this one. Sorry.
Sendric is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
sablevarg

Old May 6th, 2013, 01:50 PM
I actually got it from Ultimate Feats, but if its been done elsewhere that would be great. (unfortunately, I can't find it) - if anyone knows where I can find it, please tell me.
Thanx
sablevarg is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old May 7th, 2013, 06:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sablevarg View Post
I actually got it from Ultimate Feats, but if its been done elsewhere that would be great. (unfortunately, I can't find it) - if anyone knows where I can find it, please tell me.
Thanx
If you have the community set, check out the feats from Complete Adventurer. I'm not sure if the Jack of All Trades from there is exactly the same, but it sounds like its at least close.

See this thread for details on getting the release if you don't have it.
Sendric is offline   #4 Reply With Quote