Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Closed Thread

Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 24th, 2014, 12:24 PM
Hi everyone,

Thanks to the hard work of forum superstar Tim Shadow, an update to the d20 System data files is now available!

Changes in this release:

Bug Fixes
  1. The Country Born feat had an incorrect line break in its description.
  2. The Psionic Fist's Monk Abilities class ability had no description.
  3. The size Adjustment was not increasing the damage of Unarmed Strike.
  4. Drow were missing their racial spell like abilities.
  5. The Assassin Class was looking up all spells when choosing which spells can be learned, now correctly looks up only Assassin spells.
  6. The Extra Turning feat was missing a linebreak, and would throw errors if added to a hero that could not turn undead.
  7. The Druid/Ranger's Wild Empathy class feature was not calculating or displaying its bonus.
  8. The Druidic Avenger class variant's No Spontaneous Casting class ability was misspelled "Sontaneous".
  9. The Druidic Avenger class variant's penalty is now applied to wild empathy.
  10. In the editor it was impossible to create a class variant without choosing something to override the Will save progression with.
  11. The Javelin was not passing its penalty to melee attacks up to masterwork/magic versions.
  12. The Javelin of Lightning was not gaining a +1 attack bonus for being masterwork and will now gain the -4 melee attack from the base weapon.
  13. The attribute bonus to PP for psionic classes was not calculating correctly for characters with psionic attributes of 10-11.
  14. The Ranger with Wild Shape class variant was not removing ranger Combat Styles.
  15. The Amulet of Mighty Fists +X was not adding its enhancement bonus to natural attacks.
  16. The Far Shot feat was only increasing the range increment of thrown weapons by 50%, instead of increasing by 100%.
  17. The Hound Archon race was not gaining SR.
  18. The Homunculus race was not making Constitution a Non-attribute, instead it was subtracting 10, which put CON at 0, throwing an error.
  19. Attributes set to have No Score (ie Undead) will now display "-" on the "Basics" summary section.
  20. The Weapon Focus, Greater Weapon Focus, Improved Critical, Weapon Specialization and Greater Weapon Specialization feat lines were missing a line break in their descriptions.
  21. The Weapon Focus, Greater Weapon Focus, Improved Critical, Weapon Specialization and Greater Weapon Specialization feat lines were not applying bonuses when bootstrapped with a Target tag.
  22. The Tiger was missing its special stating the conditional Hide bonus in tall grass.
  23. The Dire Wolf was not gaining its +2 racial bonus to Spot and Listen.
  24. Many creatures that had Weapon Focus or Improved Natural Attack had applied the effects directly when bootstrapping the natural attack. This meant that the relevent feats would not show on the Feats tab, and in the case of Improved Natural Attack, meant it could be taken once more to increase that weapon's damage again without causing a validation error.
  25. Shadowdance PrC had "Improved Evasion" added twice at level 10.
  26. Magical spikes when added to a shield was giving errors.
  27. Fixed a number of table positioning issues on the Feats tab.

Data File Authoring
  1. Increased the number of generic "Value" fields from one to four. In example field[Value].value, field[Value2].value, field[Value3].value, and field[Value4].value.
  2. Added "Value" fields to: Feats, Traits, Flaws, Wondrous Item, Oils & Potions, Weapons, Armor, Gear, Rings, Rods, Staffs, Wands, Adjustments, Templates, Races, and Custom Specials.
  3. Added new macros #value[], #value2[], #value3[], and #value4[]. This is the same as doing hero.childfound[THING_ID].field[Value].value.
  4. Added new macro #attrvalue[ATTRIBUTE_UNIQUE_ID]. So #attrvalue[aDEX] >= 13 is the same as doing "hero.child[aDEX].field[aFinalVal].value >= 13".
  5. Added new macro #BAB[] which is the same as "hero.child[Attack].field[tAtkBase].value".
  6. Added new macros #applyvalue[ThingID,Bonus], #applyvalue2[ThingID,Bonus], #applyvalue3[ThingID,Bonus], and #applyvalue4[ThingID,Bonus]. In example #applyvalue[xFly,30] is the exact same thing as doing "hero.child[xFly].field[Value].value = maximum(hero.child[xFly].field[Value].value, 30)".
  7. Added new macro #applyturnresist[] "Apply Turn Resistance". Doing #applyturnresist[4] is the same as doing hero.child[xTurnRes].field[Value].value = maximum(hero.child[xTurnRes].field[Value].value, 4)
  8. The script logic for the Far Shot feat was moved from behind the scenes to the actual feat. This allows for editors to make easier changes to the feat logic for houserules.
  9. New tag group "NoScore.?" was added that can be assigned to a race or template. This will cause the associated ability score to be set to a "-" or no ability score. In example "NoScore.aCON" and "NoScore.aINT" has been added to the undead templates. They will now disable the associated ability scores. You can also simply assign the NoScore.? tag to the hero before the Attribute phase to have an ability score be disabled. Note: Assigning the tag Helper.NoScore directly to an ability score will continue to work.
  10. Simliar to the Pathfinder game system the d20 editor now has tabs grouped together into new sections: General, Class, Equipment, Magic and Race.
  11. Updated all feats to make use of the new macros and replaced all "replace =" code with "perform" instead as its easier to read.
Colen is offline   #1
mirtos

Old June 24th, 2014, 02:22 PM
Awesome! Thanks!
mirtos is offline   #2
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old June 24th, 2014, 04:16 PM
Most of the work you've done here I've already done myself. Now I'll have to fix my fixes . The additions of the new macros are a welcome change, but by far the most valuable feature is adding additional values to everything. Well done!

BTW, is this just a taste, or is this the whole laundry list, 'cause I can still think of a few things that are still buggered up and would like to see fixed.

Last edited by Kendall-DM; June 24th, 2014 at 04:18 PM.
Kendall-DM is offline   #3
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 24th, 2014, 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendall-DM View Post
BTW, is this just a taste, or is this the whole laundry list, 'cause I can still think of a few things that are still buggered up and would like to see fixed.
This is just the beginning not a one and done situation. I saw ALLOT of sections that can be expanded and added on to. I also still have a list of bugs to fix but I felt I had added/fixed enough to get the release out to everyone.

Colen was on board if I did smaller more often updates instead of one huge update.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #4
ShadowChemosh

Old June 24th, 2014, 07:35 PM
Here is a current list of things I will be working on for next release:
  1. The following races were getting double bonuses from having a climb speed: Fiendish Dire Rat, Lizard.
  2. The Shocker Lizard race was getting an incorrect +2 bonus to Swim.
  3. The Formian race was not correctly bootstrapping the Damage Resistance, Sonic ability.
  4. The Halfling Racial save bonus was incorrectly stating that the bonus to all saves was +2 in the description.
  5. The Elf (Drow) race stated gets a +2 to all saves vs spell like abilities/spells, actually only gets that bonus to Will saves.
  6. The Leopard race stated gets a +4 to Hide in Tall Grasses/Undergrowth, but unlike most other cats, it does not gain this ability.
  7. The Whale races lacked a special stating -4 Listen/Spot penalty if their Blindsense is negated.
  8. The Lizardfolk race was gaining the Common language by default.
  9. The Druid's Wild Shape ability was not using the hTotal field to generate its name and description, so adding charges to it would not cause the name to change.
  10. The Paladin's Smite Evil ability was not using the hTotal field to generate its name and description, so adding charges to it would not cause the name to change.
  11. Familiar's Intelligence was defaulting to 10, rather than advancing and changing as the master gains levels. Now the familiar will gain the Int granted by the master, or its own Intelligence if that is higher (in the case of Improved Familiars).
  12. Modified speed (after an enhancement bonus for example) was not being properly reduced by armor or encumbrance.
  13. The Shot on the Run feat had an incorrect pre-req, stating it needed a BAB of +1 instead of +4.
  14. The Glove of Storing was not a container.
  15. The Scabbard of Keen Edges was not a container.
  16. The Wilder's Psychic Enervation class ability was missing.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #5
bodrin

Old June 24th, 2014, 09:07 PM
Yay.

Macros, grouped tabs, easier coding.

Maybe time to dust off the old grey matter and start re entering D20 stuff again.

Huge thank yous to Tim and Lone Wolf for revisiting the system.

Dormio Forte Somnio

Community Created Resources :
Data Package Repositories :
d20pfsrd
Custom Character Sheets
Community Server Setup (Packs)

Hero Lab Help- Video Tutorials and Pathfinder FAQ

bodrin is offline   #6
mirtos

Old June 24th, 2014, 09:09 PM
We're very happy to see a bunch of small updates!
mirtos is offline   #7
Sendric

Old June 25th, 2014, 05:54 AM
Thanks for all the work on this, Shadow! And thanks to Colen for letting him do this.
Sendric is offline   #8
mirtos

Old June 26th, 2014, 04:44 PM
Agreed. Thanks to Shadow and Colen and everyone!
mirtos is offline   #9
ShadowChemosh

Old June 28th, 2014, 08:48 AM
I also wanted to share a "new" help page I added also in this release. From inside of the editor you can go to "Help->Help on using the Editor". Then on the web page that is displayed look at the bottom for "Procedures". This new page only has three things but it will grow. This lists all the procedures in HL that you can use a "call" on and what the script looks like under the covers.

So in example if you wanted to see the script for the new "AmuletFist" procedure added in v5.2 you can see exactly what/how it works. My hope is this makes procedures more viewable by editors and more useful.

I will do my best to keep this new help page and macro page up to date.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #10
Closed Thread