Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Krothos

Old June 28th, 2023, 07:24 AM
Serious question for the Development Team...

We all understand that HLC is a "finished" product. Will there ever be a "final" update released with the fixes you've been tracking? Maybe with the announcement that this is the final release and all future support will be developed into HLO.

Thanks.
Krothos is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
wdmartin

Old June 28th, 2023, 11:48 AM
I would also like some clarity on this, please. Will there ever be another update, final or otherwise? Even if it just went bug-fixes only maybe once a year that would be ample.
wdmartin is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Azhrei

Old June 28th, 2023, 01:49 PM
+1

I love using HLC on my iPad! But there are a few glitches that would go a long way towards usability. (The font size thing is really getting frustrating lately.)

I'm looking for a way to get PCGen on my iPad, but it's a circuitous route getting there, as Apple doesn't support Java on their platform.
Azhrei is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Dwayne

Old June 28th, 2023, 04:59 PM
I also would love an update and maybe implement some of the things that say they will be implemented in a future update.
Dwayne is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Lord Magus

Old June 30th, 2023, 05:54 PM
+1. Even if it was just for bug fixes and making sure it is as stable as can be.
Lord Magus is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Meatpuppet

Old July 5th, 2023, 05:39 AM
+1 here too

Still using it a lot
Meatpuppet is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Dwayne

Old July 7th, 2023, 02:29 PM
It does not look like there will be a reply.
Dwayne is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Azhrei

Old July 7th, 2023, 10:48 PM
That's a shame. I remember Rob guaranteeing that HLC wasn't going to lose maintenance support. I warned him at the time, "Don't make promises you can't keep," but he was sure. (I knew that once HLO started, there "wouldn't be enough resources" to maintain HLC. I've been around corporations and bean counters long enough to know that. )

It's pretty sad, actually. Maybe someone who doesn't check the forums first would actually buy it now, only to find out that it's stagnant, and has been for quite some time. I wonder what they'd think of LoneWolf at that point?

I just checked and it looks like Rob hasn't posted to the forums since Oct 2020? (See the post here: something about an HLO API.) I tried searching for his comments regarding the support for HLC, but the search engine here doesn't like searching for "HLC" (too short or too common?). My other attempts didn't work well either.

Anyway, I feel your pain...
Azhrei is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 8th, 2023, 04:04 AM
I know my way around this source code pretty well, but they lock down all the official data files so even we can't directly access the source code, much less fix bugs in it. Your best hope is to catch one of the coders on the forums via the bottom panel that tells you who is online. The coders usually have a + by their names. I have no idea if they bother checking the forums anymore since they moved to HLO. I still don't use HLO and likely never will, I like having the freedom to code my own systems and homebrew content and I'm not certain that they allow it with HLO sadly. I've coded so many systems on my own too.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old July 8th, 2023, 09:18 AM
When it got to this point before, the only way we ever got an answer was that DaPlunk posted a question in the HLO forums. Basically, "Hey, y'all should look at the HLC forums every once in a while."

That said, Mathias does post in the HLC forums fairly often (a few times a month) for technical and coding support. I don't know what his involvement is or if he'd do HLC "maintenance." Maybe he'll see this and chime in at least with a "Yep, we're still doing occasional (annual?) bug fix work," or "Nope, not being maintained at all."
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #10 Reply With Quote