Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

DumbChild

Old March 31st, 2010, 04:43 PM
Hey, I was wondering if anyone knows a way to get The Ultimate Warzone to work on Army Builder. I know it's not in any of the automatic online updates, but I found a site that would let me download a version of it. But it only works for Army Builder 2.2, and every time I try to import it I get an error message saying it's not compatible. So, I thought I'd check to see if anyone currently playing UWZ got it to work.

Thanks
DumbChild is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 3rd, 2010, 01:34 PM
Back when we first released AB V3.0, a conversion tool was made available. It couldn't handle a few special situations that were used by a couple game systems, but it did a pretty good job. After running the converter, a relatively small amount of hand-tweaking was needed to get stuff fully converted. The converter was used for a couple game systems.

That converter is still available, and you are welcome to give it a try. Please be aware that some substantive changes have occurred in V3.1 and V3.2, so there will likely be some additional new wrinkles that the converter doesn't handle well. But it should still accomplish 95+% of the conversion for you.

On the main page of our website, there are the recent announcements. There is also a link to the previous announcements. If you follow that link and go back to around January of 2005, there should be an entry about the converter, along with a link to download it.

Let us know if you convert some old data files over. There are probably others who would like to have access to those files and we'll be happy to get them listed in the Updates mechanism so others can make use of them.
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote