Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

AEIOU

Old April 1st, 2014, 03:56 PM
Place a bounty on quality community tutorials? Have clear guidelines for quality, content, length and audience. Award "free" cloud time to those that the public upvotes AND that meet the criteria. Win for you, win for them, win for community.
AEIOU is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Giorgio

Old April 3rd, 2014, 08:33 AM
I vote against more dev tutorial videos, and I vote FOR clearer text "How to Use Program Feature" and "Best Practices" guides with text, images, arrows and step by step lists for creating session prep and imputing data.

With the Video Tutorial I need to watch it on a second screen, pause, try whatever I learned on RW, play video again, pause and so forth.
Giorgio is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Nikmal

Old April 3rd, 2014, 11:46 AM
I would opt for a calender tutorial. How to input a calender and the times lines and linking them to portfolios and such. To me this is one of the more difficult aspects of RW. But I am also in agreement with some of the others here. An in depth guide on how to input data and maybe a guide with the video, with links in to the video by time stamps. So that someone can go to a specific part of the video via the guide on what the person wants to see.. I am hoping this makes sense?
Nikmal is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
ryntak4536

Old April 4th, 2014, 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CassusAevum View Post
3. How do I re-scan for new linkages (i.e. I create Thing 1, which references Thing 2, not yet created. I then create Thing 2. How do I get Thing 1 to link again... and is there a way to do it on a large scale, and not by the onesie?)
I second this!
ryntak4536 is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
rogue_jm

Old April 5th, 2014, 06:46 PM
like many I eagerly awaited Realm Works and brought it the day it went on sale. I found the tutorials covered the basics nicely, and am happy with the "how to". What I am more interested in at the moment is the structure. Due to the flexibility of Realm Works this allows a wide array of structures, with some working better for varying users. I have found looking at what few screenshots are around by various users is helping more to define my preferred style. What I would really like to see before more tutorials is a wider array of these screenshots showing how others are using, and especially hoe Lone Wolf are using personally and for planned future public releases/sales. Knowing some details how these structures are going to be applied to commercial products will shape how I use it. From what I have seen across the boards I believe this would assist many of us not going gung-ho in getting vast amounts of data in place that then may clash with official products down the track.
rogue_jm is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
ryntak4536

Old April 7th, 2014, 12:27 PM
I saw this on another thread in here somewhere, but it was an excellent idea:

I'd love to see a tutorial of a completed realm (or part thereof) being used by a GM in actual game play. Using it to update his group as to game status at the beginning, running through a game session wherein he/she uses some or all of the features (showing maps/images to players, showing relations, etc).

This would be EXCELLENT!
ryntak4536 is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
lancealittle

Old April 8th, 2014, 11:49 AM
while to some degree i agree that finding out things for yourself can be fun, i also realise that no1 knows this program better than its creators, so their insights would be invaluable especially to the less tech-proficient / newbies.

perhaps just 1 vid tutorial on a small set of grouped topics per week or 2 ?
if each vid is maybe 5 mins long then it shouldnt take a day to make & edit in total (tho i wouldnt bet good money on that :P )

congrats on a great product, regards, paul
lancealittle is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
AlexW

Old February 21st, 2018, 05:49 AM
Hello!

I really enjoyed the tutorials and have found them very decisive in my considerations on buying or not.

RW is a very overwhelming product to a newbie and I found the last tutorial on approached quite encouraging. I would like something more specific as how do it (i.e. show the map approach like: 1. start by importing the map, 2. pin the location, 3. add the encounters and 4. NPCs and 5. link it all together og whatever you deem the best order.)

Best regards
AlexW is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old February 21st, 2018, 06:57 AM
Did you check out some youtube videos from daplunk?

E.g.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esuNEMuK65M

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old February 21st, 2018, 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CassusAevum View Post
3. How do I re-scan for new linkages (i.e. I create Thing 1, which references Thing 2, not yet created. I then create Thing 2. How do I get Thing 1 to link again... and is there a way to do it on a large scale, and not by the onesie?)
https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=Og89ey9f8UI

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #20 Reply With Quote