Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

Farling

Old June 22nd, 2019, 04:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EightBitz View Post
It's worth pointing out that the 64-bit installer says it's installing 8.9, but when I load the program and go to Help > About, the version number that shows up there is 8.8h.
Mine says "8.9 BETA".
I think I downloaded directly from the link in this thread, rather than upgrading from within HL.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #31 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 22nd, 2019, 09:07 AM
Quote:
It's worth pointing out that the 64-bit installer says it's installing 8.9, but when I load the program and go to Help > About, the version number that shows up there is 8.8h.
I am pretty sure this means you started the 32bit version of the program not the 64bit version. Cause when I run the 64 bit it shows v8.9 Beta. When I run 32bit it says v8.8h.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #32 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old June 22nd, 2019, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
I am pretty sure this means you started the 32bit version of the program not the 64bit version. Cause when I run the 64 bit it shows v8.9 Beta. When I run 32bit it says v8.8h.
While I am rather computer savvy, I can never discount the possibility that I'm making a stupid mistake, so I usually try to double-check myself.

In this case, I'm clicking on the desktop shortcut that was created by the install.

The path for that shortcut is: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Hero Lab\HeroLab64.exe".

It seems that is the same location where I have the 32-bit version installed, but I do have two, separate executables. I'm not sure if the 64-bit version is just the executable, or if it also needs its own, separate folder for its own support files.

I am starting the 64-bit executable, though. That much I'm certain of.

EDIT: Also, if I'm starting the 32-bit version, why is it that when I explicitly start the 32-bit version, everything is up to date?

Last edited by EightBitz; June 22nd, 2019 at 01:13 PM.
EightBitz is offline   #33 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old June 22nd, 2019, 02:27 PM
What appears to be the standard setup is that there is HeroLab.exe and HeroLab64.exe in the same folder (along with HLExport.exe and unins000.exe).

The file property details on HeroLab64.exe show a File Version of 8.9.0.868

The file property details on HeroLab.exe show a File Version of 8.8.9.869

The version for the 64-bit matches the filename of the download available in this thread at #2, http://forums.wolflair.com/showpost....10&postcount=2

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Farling is offline   #34 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old June 22nd, 2019, 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
What appears to be the standard setup is that there is HeroLab.exe and HeroLab64.exe in the same folder (along with HLExport.exe and unins000.exe).

The file property details on HeroLab64.exe show a File Version of 8.9.0.868

The file property details on HeroLab.exe show a File Version of 8.8.9.869

The version for the 64-bit matches the filename of the download available in this thread at #2, http://forums.wolflair.com/showpost....10&postcount=2
So, I was doing something stupid. I was going to the link in the first post in this thread and missed that there was a subsequent post with an updated link.

The internal update mechanism is still not working as it should, but things like that are part of the beta-testing process. Asking the devs to please make note of this. I'll submit a support ticket as well.
EightBitz is offline   #35 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old June 23rd, 2019, 01:07 AM
Quote:
So, I was doing something stupid. I was going to the link in the first post in this thread and missed that there was a subsequent post with an updated link.
Yeah, if only they could edit their first post to keep the most up-to-date version linekd there :-o

Farling

Farling is offline   #36 Reply With Quote
LazarX

Old June 28th, 2019, 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne View Post
New version installed fine. I do want to mention something I have been meaning to report and I was reminded of it today when I reinstalled Herolab beta. I use Webroot and every time I have to update Herolab Webroot blocks it and reports that Herolab is an untrustworthy program. I have to unblock it and give it permission to always connect to the internet. You may want to contact Webroot and have Herolab on the list as trustworthy.
It could be that the installer download is not properly signed the way the release version is. In that case it's all on Lone Wolf to correct that problem.
LazarX is offline   #37 Reply With Quote
LazarX

Old June 28th, 2019, 07:03 PM
If you have both the 64 bit and the 32 bit version installed does that require two different license numbers?
LazarX is offline   #38 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old June 28th, 2019, 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazarX View Post
If you have both the 64 bit and the 32 bit version installed does that require two different license numbers?
No - they both use the same License.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #39 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 28th, 2019, 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazarX View Post
Nope just one. It will require you to "reactivate" the 64 bit after installing it but that is it. Be aware it won't prompt you to reactivate you just have to go to the License menu and do it yourself or you will be in demo mode.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #40 Reply With Quote