Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - World of Darkness

Notices

RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 26th, 2017, 04:48 PM
I tried adding an advancement recently to a character, and it seems the candidate tag expressions are completely broken. I tried to add an advancement for attribute, it gives me a list of everything instead of attributes. Not sure how long this issue has been present but its definitely a bug.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 27th, 2017, 05:16 AM
Thanks for reporting this bug! We'll get this fixed as soon as we can.
Colen is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
clavin123

Old August 30th, 2018, 06:53 PM
I have not used HL for WoD for a couple of years now (my active game stopped), but I went to use it a couple of weeks ago and experienced this massive bug.

It is pretty much impossible to use WoD in Herolab except for initial character creation.

Can you tell me why a bug that makes an entire game system for which I paid effectively unusable has not been fixed in over a year?

I realize this game is not a major money maker, but that does not mean you should feel free to completely break it via upgrade.

If you are not going to fix it, can you please tell me where I can (1) download a version of Herolab that works with the WoD game system and (2) how I can install it so that I have two versions running at the same time?
clavin123 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
clavin123

Old September 20th, 2018, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
Thanks for reporting this bug! We'll get this fixed as soon as we can.
Are you actually addressing this bug?

It has made my WoD license useless.
clavin123 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Globetrotter

Old April 20th, 2019, 05:42 AM
I am also having this issue. I haven't played WoD for a long time, but returning to the game is troubling.

I did find a temporary work around: If you keep the Type as NPC, you can toggle back and forth between Creation: Character Unlocked and Advancement: Character locked to make changes. The current XP used will show on the top of the screen.

It is not nearly as helpful as the previous system was, but at least you can use it.
Globetrotter is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old April 20th, 2019, 03:45 PM
The Devs may not see a forum post. I'd suggest you send an email to support with details of what you are having problems with. This makes it much more likely that someone knows there is a problem, and that it will get fixed.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Rone

Old April 22nd, 2019, 06:02 AM
Yes, please submit a bug report to support@wolflair.com, Globetrotter. Thanks!
Rone is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Globetrotter

Old May 17th, 2019, 06:59 PM
Ok, I emailed the bug and included two portfolios.

I hope they fix it. We are playing this system more and more and having this option is really useful.
Globetrotter is offline   #8 Reply With Quote