Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

BlkTom

Old June 24th, 2019, 07:08 PM
Not sure if this belongs here or not, but I had my hard drive die on me and I had to re-install 'classic' d20 Hero lab. I found my purchase email and re-downloaded the program using my old credentials, but I notice there is a ton missing that I had access to before my hard drive's death, such as a ton of alternate class features, feats, and so on.

Is there something going on as to why I do not have access to the full content, or is there something I need to download that is not the update list? I literally bought the program a year ago so I would not be very happy if I have to buy it again or some other shenanigans.
BlkTom is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old June 24th, 2019, 11:41 PM
There's a very good chance you also had the d20 Community pack. See this thread.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old June 25th, 2019, 04:53 AM
AND / OR to add to what Dami has said, you may not have checked the appropriate boxes when herolab starts in whatever version you may be using.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture3.JPG (80.1 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg Capture2.JPG (73.9 KB, 33 views)

D&D> Pre 1e White Box Edition, 1e, 2e, 3.5 Currently, Set in the World of Greyhawk (The first, longest running and Best Campaign Setting)
Software>Extensive use of all forms of MS Products, Visual Studio 2012, DAZ 3d, AutoCAD, Adobe Products.
Gaming Specific>Campaign Cartographer, D20 Pro Alpha & BattleGrounds Beta Tester, World Builder, Dungeon Crafter, LWD Hero Lab, Realm Works, Inkwell Ideas Citybuilder & Dungeon Builder, Auto-Realm, Dundjinni
Contributing Writer for TSR, WOC, & Canonfire
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
BlkTom

Old June 25th, 2019, 09:46 AM
That is just it, I had a list before where I could choose which of the 3.0 and 3.5 books to take from and that is no longer a option, the only option I have is what Galen has up in his photo (blue one) so it feels like a trial account. In fact when I click on 'User Content' I get a pop up that says 'This setting cannot be used because it requires a package that you do not have authorization for.'

Has something changed in the meantime where the full d20 system is not available or do I need to uninstall and reinstall a version that has this?
BlkTom is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
BlkTom

Old June 25th, 2019, 10:12 AM
I think I figured it out. I installed the Lawful G stuff and that seems to be what I was missing. I also went back and re-downloaded all d20 content even if it didn't have a exclamation mark next to it. Thank you all for your help.
BlkTom is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old June 25th, 2019, 06:00 PM
To clarify, I disabled mine to shorten the display. As Dami was referencing the Community Content should be installed, and would be wise to install it as a 3rd party source (as explained in link above) as well as Lawful G's files (Now known as Aaron- Lone Wolf employee) in case of any changes.

I was referring to also confirm all above as checked.... As you can see in image below, I have added several files that are unique to our game group as well.

I'm glad to hear you have it figured out...

GM the DM
Aka-DLG
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture4.JPG (64.4 KB, 25 views)

D&D> Pre 1e White Box Edition, 1e, 2e, 3.5 Currently, Set in the World of Greyhawk (The first, longest running and Best Campaign Setting)
Software>Extensive use of all forms of MS Products, Visual Studio 2012, DAZ 3d, AutoCAD, Adobe Products.
Gaming Specific>Campaign Cartographer, D20 Pro Alpha & BattleGrounds Beta Tester, World Builder, Dungeon Crafter, LWD Hero Lab, Realm Works, Inkwell Ideas Citybuilder & Dungeon Builder, Auto-Realm, Dundjinni
Contributing Writer for TSR, WOC, & Canonfire
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #6 Reply With Quote