Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion

Notices

sambomb

Old June 22nd, 2020, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzi View Post
Yep. I use virtual machines in my work life every day. They're great things. I would postulate that the average HLC user doesn't install the software in one, though. They install it in their Windows box and don't think about it any more.

And even a vm image isn't a perfect solution. No matter what software you're using (a VMware product, Oracle, or whatever else), things break or go sideways. You do run updates on the vm, periodically, right? Anyway, my point is that there's a good chance that eventually you'll have to re-register the product. And if the licensing server isn't running anymore then you're no better off than someone running HLO.
If you do it for a living and dont backup before run a update I think you are lucky person or a dumb one.

But yes, there is a chance that everything falls apart my notebook with the VM can be stole while my cloud backup is hacked and my external drive burst into flames...

Yet, I still mantain a 16 bits software running in the company that I work in a VERY OLD windows XP VM
sambomb is offline   #151 Reply With Quote
markelphoenix

Old July 10th, 2020, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
There will be a minimal charge to get all your existing packages onto HLO from HLC. No need for a complete bundle
This assumes that they actually follow through. Shadowrun 6 HLO hasn't seen much of anything. No response to questions on supporting the new SR6 material (there has been, I believe, 4 or 5 books that add additional rules content released, not a peep).

I am confused about what's going on with this company. Feel in love with their original Hero Labs product....but lately....what's going on with them?
markelphoenix is offline   #152 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 11th, 2020, 06:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markelphoenix View Post
This assumes that they actually follow through. Shadowrun 6 HLO hasn't seen much of anything. No response to questions on supporting the new SR6 material (there has been, I believe, 4 or 5 books that add additional rules content released, not a peep).

I am confused about what's going on with this company. Feel in love with their original Hero Labs product....but lately....what's going on with them?
Not an employee, so I can't deliver any special insight, but a few months ago, Rob admitted that they had lost money on some of their recent releases and they had to let some workers go (also why Realm Works stopped being supported). Unfortunately, it's a reality of small businesses. I hope they bounce back.
Duggan is offline   #153 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old July 11th, 2020, 09:29 AM
I submitted a support ticket recently to ask about porting PF1 to HLO. The response was basically, "We have so much to do with PF2 and developing HLO that we don't have time right now. If it happens, it'll be quite a wait." Same response to my question about taking care of the import/export and the HLC integration bugs in RealmWorks.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #154 Reply With Quote