Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

frumple

Old August 19th, 2017, 08:59 AM
Is there an easy way to select a whole section of articles and edit their tags all at once? Right now it seems I have to edit each one individually, which is s...l...o...w...

I imported a bunch of spells using Farling's CSV import tool. Now I want to select all the spells and tag them with common tags and remove extraneous tags added by the import process.

Come to think of it, along those lines is there a way to edit my RW realm outside of the RW? (Like how you can edit your own data files for HL in a text editor when working with the raw XML).
frumple is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old August 19th, 2017, 10:37 AM
You could do a search using the "import tag" that was produced during the import. I think there is an option to then apply a tag to all topics in the current view.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is online now   #2 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old August 19th, 2017, 10:39 AM
Adding/removing tags is easy.

Create a view, add the spells to it, press F6 or select the hammer and wrench icon for View options, bulk tagging.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
frumple

Old August 19th, 2017, 11:39 AM
Ah thanks. One small thing though. When I try to bulk remove the Import tag does not show up on the list of tags I can remove even though it is on each article. :/
frumple is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old August 19th, 2017, 12:24 PM
import tags cannot be removed at this time.

my Realm Works videos
kbs666 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
goldscarab

Old June 24th, 2019, 07:45 PM
is there a way to filter so that I can bulk tags all items of a particular category
for example: i have a category of Tavern/Inn and I would like to set the goods and services for all of these category items at once - when I used the existing feature, I get a combination of taverns with "tavern" in the name field, and any other category with "tavern" in any field in the record - not exactly what I want for bulk tagging...
goldscarab is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old June 25th, 2019, 05:23 AM
At present no.

my Realm Works videos
kbs666 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Lj Stephens
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 28th, 2019, 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldscarab View Post
is there a way to filter so that I can bulk tags all items of a particular category
for example: i have a category of Tavern/Inn and I would like to set the goods and services for all of these category items at once - when I used the existing feature, I get a combination of taverns with "tavern" in the name field, and any other category with "tavern" in any field in the record - not exactly what I want for bulk tagging...
Goldscarab - This is not currently possible using the options and settings available in Realm Works. Please send an email to <support@wolflair.com> so we can get the idea documented for consideration as a feature request.
Lj Stephens is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
goldscarab

Old August 22nd, 2019, 04:16 PM
wilco - I will do that next week
goldscarab is offline   #9 Reply With Quote