Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Minous

Old January 14th, 2017, 07:09 PM
I am working on adding the PFS boons to HL, and there are several that give you the ability to cast one of 3-4 spells as a spell like ability. I am trying to get the spell text included in the boon, but spInfo.x one displays 2 or so spells. Additional descriptions do not appear.
Minous is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old January 16th, 2017, 08:08 AM
There is a limit to how much text can be displayed, depending on the length of of the spells description you might run into that. I think a better option would be to just display the spell info text for the spell this ability actually chooses.
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old January 16th, 2017, 09:24 AM
Issue is the boons lists several options, one example from 7-23 is:

Quote:
Zey’s Gratitude:
You have earned the grudging respect of former Master of Spells Aram Zey in return for saving his life. In addition to treating you less derisively than he does most other Pathfinders, he offers you a future spellcasting favor, allowing you to use one of the following spells as a spell-like ability. Use your character level as your caster level, and use your own Intelligence or Charisma score or 20 (whichever is higher) when determining spell DCs. Check the box that precedes this boon when you use the spell-like ability.

Subtier 7–8: You may cast dispel magic, fireball, greater invisibility, or stoneskin.
Subtier 10–11: You may cast chain lightning, fireball, greater dispel magic, greater heroism, greater invisibility, or stoneskin.
Was hoping to be able to get the associated info in the discription but I am hitting the limit you mentioned.
Minous is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 16th, 2017, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minous View Post
he offers you a future spellcasting favor, allowing you to use one of the following spells as a spell-like ability.
This sounds like to me that its only ONE of these spells. So have a dropdown box to select which single spell the person picks. Then pull the SpInfo.? tag from the chosen Thing. That way you get the spell information for a single spell and won't have a text length issue.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old January 16th, 2017, 12:05 PM
A dropdown would be a viable work around. The way those PFS Boons work is you get to choose which of those you cast when you cross it off the sheet. That way it gives a little flexibility for future game play.
Minous is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 16th, 2017, 12:14 PM
The other alternative would be to add bootstraps of all those SLAs, and use the parent charges mechanism so that they all draw from the same set of uses/period (in this case; 1 use, period), and once one of them is used, they'll all show as used. To do that, add Helper.AlwaysAvl and Helper.TrackCharg to the boon, along with the correct usage information. On the spells, give them ChargeUse.1, and you may also need to give them all the other usage information except the number 1 (specifically, the Usage.UsedUp tag and the setting to make it not reset with a night's rest).

That way, the user can read the spell info on the individual spells. It just means a lot of things getting added to the SLA list.
Mathias is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old January 16th, 2017, 12:16 PM
Not looking to get them added to the SLA list. Is there a working example of the spell dropdown?
Minous is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 16th, 2017, 12:18 PM
Minous - for an example, think rogue talents - there's several in the core rulebook that do something similar.
Mathias is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old January 18th, 2017, 04:06 PM
Thanks for the help. I have it working but how do you add a "None" option? I am currently using:
Quote:
component.BaseSpell & (thingid.spHeroGre5|thingid.spDispMag5) & !Spellbook.?
for listing the spells, but I also want to be able to select the "None" option as well.
Minous is offline   #9 Reply With Quote