Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Sevisin

Old December 10th, 2015, 05:20 PM
Hello,

I was building a dragonwrought kobold and put in the Dragon Tail feat. The feat gives a natural attack based on the character's size. When I went to the weapons section (and the in-play and tactical console), the tail attack wasn't there. How would I go about inserting the attack? I also noticed the same for Snap Kick and a number of other feats.

-S
Sevisin is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old December 11th, 2015, 04:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevisin View Post
Hello,

I was building a dragonwrought kobold and put in the Dragon Tail feat. The feat gives a natural attack based on the character's size. When I went to the weapons section (and the in-play and tactical console), the tail attack wasn't there. How would I go about inserting the attack? I also noticed the same for Snap Kick and a number of other feats.

-S
When I add the Dragon Tail feat, I am seeing the Tail Slap weapon in the weapons tab. It does appear there is a bug regarding the damage dice when the character is Gargantuan size, but otherwise it should be working. If you want to see how it works, open the Races of Dragon file in the editor and take a look at the feat. You will see that the Tail Slap weapon is bootstrapped.

Snap Kick doesn't add an additional weapon, but it should add an additional attack similar to Haste. I'll make a note to get that fixed.

As for the "number of other feats", if you are noticing bugs please report them in the bug thread (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=12785).
Sendric is online now   #2 Reply With Quote
Sevisin

Old December 11th, 2015, 07:04 PM
@Sendric

I added Dragon Tail to numerous races and I didn't see anything added in the weapons tab. Am I just nubbing it up and failing my spot check, or is there something I'm missing?

-S
Sevisin is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old December 12th, 2015, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevisin View Post
@Sendric

I added Dragon Tail to numerous races and I didn't see anything added in the weapons tab. Am I just nubbing it up and failing my spot check, or is there something I'm missing?

-S
No idea without seeing it myself. Can you open the file in the editor and verify that Tail Slap is being bootstrapped by the feat?
Sendric is online now   #4 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 13th, 2015, 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
No idea without seeing it myself. Can you open the file in the editor and verify that Tail Slap is being bootstrapped by the feat?
Just FYI I have v1.16 of the community files and I don't get the Tail Slap either.

Here is the RAW XML I see for this feat in "3.5 - Races of the Dragon.user" line 1696. No bootstrap of a natural attack.

Code:
  <thing id="fDragTail" name="Dragon Tail" description="{b}Prerequisite:{/b} 1st level only, Dragonblood subtype\n\n{b}Benefit:{/b} You have a tail that you can use to make a secondary natural attack in combat. This attack deals bludgeoning damage according to your size, as shown on the table below. If you already have a tail slap attack when you take this feat, use the value from the table or your existing damage value, whichever is greater.\n\nSize                       Tail Slap Damage\nFine  .............................. 1\nDiminutive ................... 1d2\nTiny ............................... 1d3\nSmall ............................ 1d4\nMedium ....................... 1d6\nLarge ........................... 1d8\nHuge ............................. 2d6\nGargantuan ................ 2d8\nColossal ...................... 4d6\n\n{b}Special:{/b} Unlike most feats, this feat must be taken at 1st level, during character creation." compset="Feat" summary="Your draconic ancestry manifests as a muscular tail you can use in combat." uniqueness="useronce">
    <tag group="fCategory" tag="General"/>
    <exprreq message="Must be taken at 1st level.">tagcount[Classes.?] = 1</exprreq>
    <prereq message="Dragonblood subtype required.">
      <validate><![CDATA[validif (hero.tagis[Race.stypDragon] + hero.tagis[Race.typDragon] + hero.tagis[Template.tmFGDrcnc] <> 0)]]></validate>
      </prereq>
    </thing>
Could this be something you already fixed for next release?

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old December 14th, 2015, 04:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Could this be something you already fixed for next release?
Apparently, but hell if I know when that happened.

Sorry, Sevisin. I guess this is fixed for the next release then.
Sendric is online now   #6 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 14th, 2015, 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
Apparently, but hell if I know when that happened.
Maybe sleep coding? I swear I have done that before.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #7 Reply With Quote